8 Speaker Channels on a 5 Channel amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

eric2xu

First time poster, go easy on me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Got a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU) which came with what I can only describe as a disaster of stock "premium" stereo.

Replaced the headunit with a Joying (Android Head Unit, yeah I know but I want the apps im a bit of a tech junky) but need to run a new amp to make it work as the stock amp is total garbage and wont turn on without a PAC module anyways.

Just for now keeping the stock speakers as my wife isnt happy with all the money spend on the HU and AMP.

Thinking about the GM-D9605(5 Channel amp). However the stock speaker wires are 8 unique speakers channels and are as follows:

• Front Left Speaker + / -
  • Front Right Speaker + / -
  • Rear Left Speaker + / -
  • Rear Right Speaker + / -
  • Tweeter Left Channel + / -
  • Tweeter Right Channel + / -
  • Sub Coil 1 + / -
  • Sub Coil 2 + / -

Note: Only one Sub but two coil I guess... Oh and all speakers are apparently 2Ohm

What would be the best way to wire this. I do want to retain the ability to fade front to back as when the soft top is down I may have to push more sound to the back to hear it well.

My thought is the 4 channels used conventionally FL,FR,RL,RR and the 5th for the sub. However this is where I dont know what to do with the tweeter channels. Do I tie them into the front channels (1 and 2) and if so how would I go about physically wiring that? I am assuming I would need a crossover to strip out all but the highs? Is there some sort of 4 channel LOC/Crossover that I can send the amplified front two channels to that would break out into 4 channels:

• Front Left
  • Front Right
  • Front Left Tweeter (High's only)
  • Front Right Tweeter (High's only)

Also I dont know what the correct way to wire the sub would be to tie both coils to one output channel (the Joying only has a single sub channel out)

BTW I haven't messed with Car audio since I was a teen dumping in two 12's in the back of my fox body mustang in the early 90's so I know very little of anymore.

Any help would be really appreciated! Also willing to listen to recommendations for another amp as long as its only a few hundred. Not looking to get the sound of 2x12's, I would be happy with slightly better sound then stock and to hear the low tones of bass but shaking the rearview isn't required.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.