8" dust caps

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']If you could donate a 8" poly to @zedicus; that would be greatly appreciated and maybe u can work something out with him ..i think theres a nice market for it since they arent readily available[/QUOTE]

Well, the point being I use the plastic ones to lay up CF on. Been meaning to make plaster molds. Like I said, I could part with them if I could get a mold made so that I could lay out my own in future since I do use that size cap myself.

[quote name='hispls']Well, the point being I use the plastic ones to lay up CF on. Been meaning to make plaster molds. Like I said, I could part with them if I could get a mold made so that I could lay out my own in future since I do use that size cap myself.[/QUOTE]

Ok well see what @zedicus; says maybe he can work that out for you

make a mold based off of one of the plastic caps out of foam. the foam from flower shop or the blue shapping foam. or even insulation foam if you can't find anything else. i don't do plaster forms, the plaster can get into the resin. if you want the dustcab back i can send it back... or if you have some scrap fiberglass lay me one out of fiberglass and mail it to me, you dont need to trim it or anything.

make a mold based off of one of the plastic caps out of foam. the foam from flower shop or the blue shapping foam. or even insulation foam if you can't find anything else. i don't do plaster forms, the plaster can get into the resin. if you want the dustcab back i can send it back... or if you have some scrap fiberglass lay me one out of fiberglass and mail it to me, you dont need to trim it or anything.
So texture of the foam won't show up in the CF when you lay it up on the foam? I had thought plaster with plenty of carnuba wax, vaseline, mold release, latex, or similar. PM me your address, I'll send them to you to mold if you promise to get them back and sell me a mold at your cost . I wouldn't know where to find more of these easily.

if you end up with a foam that isnt smooth after finish sanding then resin the foam. i will pm you my address, and yeah i will get them back to you. i never liked plaster unless casting something that needed some heat.

[quote name='zedicus']sorry guys, 2 jobs, a wife, and 2 daughters. if anyone has a cloning machine sign me up.
address pm'ed to @hispls[/QUOTE]

Hey totally understand ...im just lucky to be able to lurk here while at work...let me know what you guys come up with ..and how long u think it.ll be

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.