8" dust caps

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']Bump @hispls; any news? if u dont have any im ditching this endeavor and goin on woth the build[/QUOTE]

Sorry, haven't finished my cleanup at the farm yet. Won't be near my parts til late this week. Put a small thin plastic cap on to get them functioning. You can always put something on top of them later for cosmetics when you find something you like. Quite a few companies use double caps anyway.

Sorry, haven't finished my cleanup at the farm yet. Won't be near my parts til late this week. Put a small thin plastic cap on to get them functioning. You can always put something on top of them later for cosmetics when you find something you like. Quite a few companies use double caps anyway.
Im not rebuilding them im covering existing cap ..i just got custom logos and was gona put the caps on when i pull the subs and out ..let me know when u get them ..thanks bro

im considering having forms made to press CF dustcaps. is there really a market for 8" caps? i figured 3" and 6" would get 90% of speakers on the market. not trying to steel the thread, how much are you willing to spend? i could probably hand form 2 8" cf caps and still be under 50$ a piece like that other place charges.

im considering having forms made to press CF dustcaps. is there really a market for 8" caps? i figured 3" and 6" would get 90% of speakers on the market. not trying to steel the thread, how much are you willing to spend? i could probably hand form 2 8" cf caps and still be under 50$ a piece like that other place charges.
I know lots of threads looking for 8" caps if they r nice id do 60 shipped for a pair if they r ****** be nice to have a lip also...any troubke to do colored weave?

Have you seen the soundqubed 8" dry weave caps ?

I know lots of threads looking for 8" caps if they r nice id do 60 shipped for a pair if they r ****** be nice to have a lip also...any troubke to do colored weave?
i was planning on having lips on them, i hate non-lipped caps. no trouble doing colored weave, just adds to the cost.

Have you seen the soundqubed 8" dry weave caps ?
not in person, just pics of them. i can not do 'dry formed' it involves some heat and a press form. mine would be laid like fiberglass with resin. i think i can still get colored resin too though. one of my local supply shops just shut down but there is still one other here in town that sells this type of stuff.

i was planning on having lips on them, i hate non-lipped caps. no trouble doing colored weave, just adds to the cost.

not in person, just pics of them. i can not do 'dry formed' it involves some heat and a press form. mine would be laid like fiberglass with resin. i think i can still get colored resin too though. one of my local supply shops just shut down but there is still one other here in town that sells this type of stuff.
So how fast could u do 2 blue n black weave? price? and would the be glossy smooth or like a 3-d textured feel..i have custom aq4 logos to place on them

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

What would the colored resin do or affect ?

Also have u done any before? have pics ? im particular as this build is very neat and detail oriented ..along with being uber loud

So how fast could u do 2 blue n black weave? price? and would the be glossy smooth or like a 3-d textured feel..i have custom aq4 logos to place on them 

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

What would the colored resin do or affect ?
glossy smooth most probably, colored resin can be used to add tints to the entire piece, or effects in localized areas, like making it look like there is blood oozing around the surface or something if its layered between layes of clear.

Also have u done any before? have pics ? im particular as this build is very neat and detail oriented ..along with being uber loud
dustcaps, no. but i have been modifing fiberglass and plastic for years. fairings and bumpers, bodykits, most normally.

let me see what a roll of fabric costs, and rumage around to see if there is anything i can build a mold out of myself.

glossy smooth most probably, colored resin can be used to add tints to the entire piece, or effects in localized areas, like making it look like there is blood oozing around the surface or something if its layered between layes of clear.

Cool yea get back with me ..the cheaper the better i already have a arm and both legs in this build..i think blue nblack weave with a opaque blue tint would be a cool effect

dustcaps, no. but i have been modifing fiberglass and plastic for years. fairings and bumpers, bodykits, most normally.

let me see what a roll of fabric costs, and rumage around to see if there is anything i can build a mold out of myself.
sweet

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=300785246670

that stuff would look awesome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.