8 inch Subs Free Air

Participant count
  • Participant list

-CT-
10+ year member

London
Im looking to get two but am going to use them 'free air'. Just wanted to know which one you reckon is better suited to do this. (powering with 200x2)

RE - RES-RE8V2 (175rms)

DLS - DLS-W308B (100rms)

JL Audio - JL-8W3V2D4 (125rms)

MTX Thunder - MTX-T5508-04(200rms)

Digital Designs - DD-1008 (300rms)

opinions much appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I've used DLS's in open air and as long as there is some sort of baffle between the front and back it sounds pretty good.,

I use Kicker Resolution 8's in one of our show cars, more of a midbass driver, but really pulls the stage forward well.

ok lemme rephrase. Is their any reason why i SHOULDNT use any of those free air? (im thinking of going with RE because they seem to be right pricewise)

just incase anyone has the same problem got a reply from RE:

'The RE8 is definitely not suited for an IB install. It has a very loose suspension, and a very low Qts. You wouldn't get the best results by using them. '

Ive decidedto goa different route (build an enclosure which attaches to the underside of the rear deck)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.