xmax of an L7

Well, the Xmax isn't shabby. If you are snapping tinsel leads, then you are likely exceeding the Xmax. Stiff or not, given the right circumstances it isn't difficult to push a sub beyond what it was designed to do.

im not even pushing a full 750 watts to it, and my gain is weigh down, maybe im just not used to a sub with pretty good xmax
Xmax is what 15-16mm on the 12L7?

if you are breaking tinsel leads then you are significantly exceeding not only the maximum linear travel, but also the maximum safe mechanical travel as well.

Keep the excursion down a bit, unless you want another damaged L7.

im not even pushing a full 750 watts to it, and my gain is weigh down, maybe im just not used to a sub with pretty good xmax
Not being used to it is no excuse for breaking a tinsel lead during normal usage. That is very rare, especially when it is being underpowered.

Xmax is what 15-16mm on the 12L7?
if you are breaking tinsel leads then you are significantly exceeding not only the maximum linear travel, but also the maximum safe mechanical travel as well.

Keep the excursion down a bit, unless you want another damaged L7.
17mm I believe.

Well what size/type of box do you have it in?

mine move quite a bit, but I havent had a problem w/tinsel leads breaking

but I have had the spider seperate in the middle. also make sure you have a ssf with ported boxes

I have a pair of L7's in a subzone ported box. 600W each from PPI PC 2600's with a SSF. No problems with mine in the year and a half I have had them

Knocks on wood...

The Xmax of an S12L7 is 13 mm ...
http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals/04Solo%20Baric%20L7%20Subwoofer%20Manual.pdf

Which isn't a whole heck of a lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
yea i was thinking it wasnt suppose to be alot of xmax, i mean its not comparable to vids of like XXX's and Brahmas ive seen that are coming like out past the surround it just looks like its going good. i'll try and get a vid of the xmax tonight/tommorow and post it up and see what u guys think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jtomsic

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
jtomsic
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date