8 gauge speaker wire question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys so I'm in the process of changing out my old 12 gauge for 8 gauge and now I am at the oh **** point of how the hell do I jump the coils with two 8 gauge wire trying to fit into one speaker terminal. I have the push to release type of terminal. I'm working a dvc2 to 1 ohm and there is no possible way I am fitting both wires in there. Is there any tricks you guys know of or something I can buy to help me out? Or would it be okay to just use the old 12 gauge as my jumper wire? Because I think I can fit both in there if I really try

Hey guys so I'm in the process of changing out my old 12 gauge for 8 gauge and now I am at the oh **** point of how the hell do I jump the coils with two 8 gauge wire trying to fit into one speaker terminal. I have the push to release type of terminal. I'm working a dvc2 to 1 ohm and there is no possible way I am fitting both wires in there. Is there any tricks you guys know of or something I can buy to help me out? Or would it be okay to just use the old 12 gauge as my jumper wire? Because I think I can fit both in there if I really try
yeah i failed at it this time too and just went with 12 ga., i've had 10ga in other subs before but 8 will be hard.. just use the 12 for jumper and 8ga to the box or amp.. i ran 12ga through small hole in box then 8ga from right outside the box to the amp (so the longest wire is bigger at least)

Speaker wires from amp connected to one pair. The other pair inserted into the speakers connectors with jumper wires going to the second coil. Now plug the signal wires into the plugs connected to the first coil piggyback style. best of all, 8awg all around

plugs_1.jpg

Not necessary to run 8 gauge spkr wire unless your in dbdrags competing, chasing that tenth and have massive amounts of subs/amps/watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.