Bypassing Amp Remote Wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

wsmith82

I apologize as I've looked through the forums and most of the questions for this are geared more towards older amps or the answers are vague (as this process is frowned upon). I am indeed attempting to bypass the remote wire but I'll explain my specific situation.

I have a Pop-Up trailer that I am adding a Bluetooth amp (PFMRA340BB) with it's own on/off switch to power some mounted outdoor speakers. I will be running 10AWG to power the amp through a 12volt switch roughly 10 feet away. I have 2 Deep Cell batteries at 100AH each running in parallel. These are wired correctly (all positive go into switch that is wired to battery 1, with ground/negative being attached to battery 2). This is an aftermarket switch added to the outside of the trailer to cut full power. This is not the inverter/power bank located inside the trailer. The amp will be accessible with trailer up or down (just inside door) so I will always be able to turn on/off the amp switch if needed. I also switch off the main on/off mounted outside which then cuts power to the entire trailer.

Because of this, I want to bypass the remote switch as there is really no ignition besides the main on/off switch. So running 2 wires to the same switch seem redundant. Would it be acceptable (and safe) to run a small gauge wire from the 12+ on the amp to the remote on the amp to bridge this? Or should I stick with the same 10AWG wire? If I need to turn the amp off (which I will), I will only be using the on/off switch on the back of the amp itself.

Thanks in advance for not beating me up too bad. This is my first post so please be nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.