8 component sets, 1 4 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

RodSlinger

CarAudio.com Newbie
Gentlemen, I have a question.
I am dumping my Focal FDP 600.4. It still works, as does the Focal FDP 900.1. As with anyone with a lack of hearing because of music, I want louder. I have 2 Focal EK 30 12” subs wired to 1Ohm to the FDP 900.1. I get good bass, but believe I could get more.
Ive made a much smaller investment in 8 Massive Audio FZ6 6.5” 4 Ohm 200W RMS/ 400W Peak, component sets.
Focal Subs are dual 4 ohm VC 800W RMS/1600 Peak I’m keeping.
Anyway…. I’ve stumbled upon an issue I need some guidance with.
I’d like to replace the FDP900.1 and the FDP600.4 with MORE.
Question is, can I run all 8 component sets from one good 4 channel amp or should I buy 2 good 4 channel amps? The wiring is in place for either installation. Problem is I’m having trouble finding a powerful amp(s) that will power all the components at 4 Ohms.
Amp suggestions? Wiring suggestions?
Thanks

Your first step is going to be getting another amp. 2 of the same multichannel would be a good start. Do you have a DSP?
I’ve got two matched Stetsom 1200.4’s, the Focal 600.4, and the Focal 900.1.
I have been searching for an affordable DSP. Interested in the AudioControl DQDX, I believe is the model. 6 in, 8 out. $600 price tag is killing me. Suggestions?

Gentlemen, I have a question.
I am dumping my Focal FDP 600.4. It still works, as does the Focal FDP 900.1. As with anyone with a lack of hearing because of music, I want louder. I have 2 Focal EK 30 12” subs wired to 1Ohm to the FDP 900.1. I get good bass, but believe I could get more.
Ive made a much smaller investment in 8 Massive Audio FZ6 6.5” 4 Ohm 200W RMS/ 400W Peak, component sets.
Focal Subs are dual 4 ohm VC 800W RMS/1600 Peak I’m keeping.
Anyway…. I’ve stumbled upon an issue I need some guidance with.
I’d like to replace the FDP900.1 and the FDP600.4 with MORE.
Question is, can I run all 8 component sets from one good 4 channel amp or should I buy 2 good 4 channel amps? The wiring is in place for either installation. Problem is I’m having trouble finding a powerful amp(s) that will power all the components at 4 Ohms.
Amp suggestions? Wiring suggestions?
Thanks
If you are wanting to run @4ohms be best to go with 2)- decent 4 ch amplifiers In my opinion. Running @2ohms yo can prob get away with a nice single 4 ch maybe for all the components. I would think that you will have to consider rebuilding/ configuring your sub stage to keep up with the new 8 components setup to even things out
Components= 200rms per side
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=154594911994

This amp come to what Id prob, go with for front stage.
Sub amplifier maybe a Gladden be nice

https://www.gladen.com/GladenAmpPDFs/SPL_1800c1.pdf
Maybe look at another RF 2k mono to match or look at some Zapco amps?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...