76 Olds Cutlass speaker recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

1976Olds

CarAudio.com Recruit
So in my 76 cutlass supreme I recently got a new head unit (custom autosound usa740) it says it outputs like 300 watts and was wondering what a good set of 3.5 inch speakers for the front and 6x9s in the rear. I would like to hold up on getting an amp for the speakers so I can spend that money on a new set of subs and the amp for those. I was thinking of getting the RE SEXV2 12 inch woofer but I dont know much about this stuff and would like to know if this is a good sub and what amp I should run. Perhaps I could run the amp for speakers too but I am 16 and don't know much about car audio and am very much a noob. My parents make custom wire harnesses for busses, big trucks, and other things so wiring isn't a problem. I am also planning to build a 455 buick to drop in so if you could recommend some budget stuff that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah I know right, I added a holley carb and that seems to help a little thats why this winter I'm pla
Argh broke my arm and ankle and just had surgery this morning, typing with the non dominant hand, anyhow, I was planning on dropping a built buick with goals of getting 12 second times at 4500 pounds

I'm not looking to do one of those setups that has pillar tweeters or door speakers or anything like that I just want something a ton better than stock

Well you're gonna need more than 3.5 inches bro upfront. Gonna want to put 6.5"s in the doors.
How would I go about doing that, I've heard about these panal things that replace some stock panels would that work because the only other way I can think of doing it is cutting up the door and I really don't wanna do that

No offense..but I was drag racing back in the 1990s at Chicagland and to see 12 seconds...you will need to lose a lot of weight on that car and build the hell out that engine. And boost? What boost? supercharger? nitrous? What? That all makes a difference.

Anyways good luck!

No offense..but I was drag racing back in the 1990s at Chicagland and to see 12 seconds...you will need to lose a lot of weight on that car and build the hell out that engine. And boost? What boost? supercharger? nitrous? What? That all makes a difference.

Anyways good luck!
Thanks I was going with the final stage turbo from the compound boost setup my dad ran when he used to pull tractors. He pulled a 3208 cat on alcohol pushing 3500 4000 horse he pulled in the late 90's. IDK if you follow the sport but it was incredibly similar to the setup Jordan Lustic runs on the silver bullet we've even got pistons from when the Connor Brothers pulled

So I was looking around my BTR and I dont know how I missed this but its actually 2 12s and I've been under powering them. If they are 200 rms and 400 max what amp would you recommend

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.