75 watts on 40 watt rms 160 watt peak tweets

Participant count
  • Participants list

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
Hey guys quick question. I’ve got a 1,000 watt 4 channel (150 watts per channel) that i’m going to hookup to 2 Skar NPX 6.5s (150 watts rms). I’ve also got two pairs of Skar NPX-Ts (80 watts rms) (320 watts peak) per pair. I’m going to run an active front stage with no rear speakers. Is it safe to run 75 watts on each tweeter if they’re rated for 40 watts rms but 160 watts peak? Thanks

you can run 1000 watts to a 50 watt tweeter if you set the amp gain right

heres how. the test tones are at the very bottom

you can run 1000 watts to a 50 watt tweeter if you set the amp gain right

heres how. the test tones are at the very bottom

Awesome, I figured as long as I set the gains right I should be set. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.