730$ to spend need some opinions.

Nico Koutouzis
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys I have 730 exactly and heres what I need:

P.S. I am not looking for used things..... I am getting everything new probably from onlinecarstereo.com so recommend away

1.) 1 Set of 6.5 comps

2.) 1 set of 6.5 coaxes

3.) 2 ten inch subs

4.) Amp for the four speakers

5.) Amp for the subs

What I was looking at:

1.) Alpine type r comps (new ones)

2.) Alpine type r coaxes (new ones)

3.) 2 alpine type r tens

4.) MB Quart onyx 4.125 amp (125x4 at 4 ohms)

5.) MB Quart onyx 1000.1D (475 x1 at 4 ohms and 1,000x1 at 1 ohm)

Let me know.

whats your goal? loud? SQ? SQL?
oh and i was looking for a good budget build and the box is sealed so im not really looking for crazy loud just a system that sounds good all around. So i guess you could say a little of everything haha. sq with a good thump

im sorry if you cant read my good sir but it did say new
oh my bad, just thought id offer nicer things that are used at a better price instead of crappy things for retail prices which are too high //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif my bad. next time just say no kaythankssssssss

noobs.

oh my bad, just thought id offer nicer things that are used at a better price instead of crappy things for retail prices which are too high //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif my bad. next time just say no kaythankssssssss
noobs.
noobs?

yes i know but I dont know what you did with em and I just love getting new things with warranties is all....... so yes i may be a noob, but im a hs student with not a lot of money. Anyways other opinions on new things?

yes i know but I dont know what you did with em and I just love getting new things with warranties is all....... so yes i may be a noob, but im a hs student with not a lot of money. Anyways other opinions on new things?
we dont abuse equipment on this website. we know how to use it and kx series from kicker is one of the sturdiest series of mainstream amps ever made. anyway. mb quart will deliver the power it claims, not really sq amp material as a rule. type rs are okay but as anyone on here will tell you. you can get much better stuff at better prices if you go used.

we dont abuse equipment on this website. we know how to use it and kx series from kicker is one of the sturdiest series of mainstream amps ever made. anyway. mb quart will deliver the power it claims, not really sq amp material as a rule. type rs are okay but as anyone on here will tell you. you can get much better stuff at better prices if you go used.
yea i know exactly what your saying and I know I can get better everything used because well, its used. But still if that used stuff $hits the bed then I have to rebuy u know? and this being my first true build if I screw up on anything the warranty will help.

You could try some Dayton HO 10s if your box is sealed. They love small sealed and small ported boxes. You can find them at parts express. Rated at 600 or 700 rms cant remember ATM, but I own some in a ported box tuned to 29hz and the SQ is AMAZING! and they will get pretty nasty if I crank it too. I can still shut down alot of the BS systems around me. The type R's are also nice SQL subs but idk how well they do sealed. heres a link:

Dayton Audio RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm 295-462

For amps, look into boston Acoustics namely this one: Boston Acoustics GTA-704 (GTA704) 4-Channel Class AB GTA Amplifier for your mids and highs (also could look into MB Quart)

for your lows, since you want new, http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acoustics-GTA-800m-subwoofer-amplifier/dp/B002R5YKJI but you may need more power to get better volume sealed. (or once again try mb quart)

Mids n Highs: I've heard good things about the Type R's, I have a set of Pioneer TSD1720cs that are some of the best budget comps I've ever owned and many others will agree, also look into the Morel Maximo, and since Im obviously a boston acoustics fan, the S-series up to the SC series might be good for you to look into.

Quick math tells me this surpasses your $730 budget though lol But I know the MB Quart amps are less expensive than the Bostons i recommended but I cannot personally attest to their performance like i can with BA.

Used may not really be a bad idea, but I understand wanting to buy new so maybe you could do a little at a time....?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.