$700 dollars. What system to buy?

TrickedOutSick

I've got $700 to spend on a stereo system. The vehicle is an 02 Dodge Durango. I play on buying a line output converter and keeping the stock head unit, for now. I know this is a bit of a subjective question, but what would you guys spend the $700 on? There's a lot of choices out there, and I need the $700 to cover the line output converter, the power cable/fuse, speaker wire, subwoofer(s) and amplifier. Should I get a cap? I'm generally thinking two 12's. I'm going to leave the components stock for now. I would just like to get a good hard hitting system that doesn't sound like ****. Also, everything needs to be new. Thanks.

Then you should automatically start searching for 15 and or 18 inch diameter subs that are in your price range. There are a few out there that are inexpensive in the 15" category. Enclosure available volume can be the great equalizer, allowing you to get accuracy and efficiency; the latter of which is extremely important when the budget is limited. I would spend a good amount on a solid foundation, such as overly sufficient power and ground wire and the "big 3" under the hood. Spend very little on your amp. It's just for your sub stage and there have got to be hundreds of reviews/feedback about budget amps that make great power for their price. Maybe look at Audio Pipe, SSL, Planet Audio....etc....lines like that. Many owners had to have posted power comparisons to brands known for quality and marketing prowess. Pick the amp that can produce a thousand watts or so, since you've not upgraded the charging system. Give your sub choices to a QUALIFIED acoustic engineer along with all your maximum dimensions, vehicle info, music and performance preferences. That engineer should be able to calculate the vehicles effect on whatever enclosure alignment is deemed necessary to accomplish your goals. Build the blueprinted enclosure, mount the subs, wire the amp and you should be at or below your targeted expenditure.

Morel Maximo 6.5c'sup front, 6c's in the back

MB Quart 4 channel of your choice

Incriminator Lethal Injection 15" (On sale at soundsolutionsaudio.com)

MB Quart REF1.800

Total = 595

Leaves you plenty of money for wires and a box.

hey man if i were you i go with some sundown audio sa a sundown amp maybe a 2500d and you would be good

build your own box buy a 0 guage wire kit you may have a 125 left for something else

IDQ V3 12: 1.25 tuned to 32

rf bd400.1

rf 400.4

2 sets pioneer ts-d coaxils

done...

Why are you guys recommending him a system that needs massive current? Still to lower rms and efficiency...

No reason running 2000rms if you don't have the electrical upgrades which will cost.

Run below 1000 rms and focus on quality. This was you can easily upgrade in the future by adding a second woofer, larger enclosure, and the electrical upgrades such as a new battery( red or yellow top) and a iraggi alternator, or something similar.

I can The system I just recommend cover all the frequency spectrum quite well and is crystal clear...

i have a nice sub setup you can have for under $700 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.