7 years, New Car=New System

Participant count
  • Participant list

Schm9311

Hello all,

Ill probably be hassled a bit for some of these questions, but bare with me. I bought my first system 7 years ago. Clarion Deck, Hifonics Mono Amp, Soundstream T-15, Boston Acoustics Speakers. I put alot of research into that setup at the time, and was hoping gain some insight on todays market.

1.Name your Big three?

2.Which manufacturers seem to be the most "technologically" advanced compared to others?

3. Any good "underground" Manufactures? ie US Amps, FI Audio, Memphis. (Probably not underground to this community but the Best Buys, Big Box Stores, etc.)

And a couple of personal Q's (I am going for ALL SoundQuality)

1. Is 1 10" enough for a SUV? (Honda Pilot)

2. Any one else have a Pilot with a System?

3. Simple but Modern Double Din... Does it exist?(ie. Bluetooth, iPhone Compatible)

4.$1000 Enough for a Good to Excellent Sound Quality Setup?

Thanks for reading, and I hope some of you can answer one or a few questions for me.

Also not trying to be rude, but spare me the "Search Button is at the top", this is forum...Questions may and should be asked.

Hello all, Ill probably be hassled a bit for some of these questions, but bare with me. I bought my first system 7 years ago. Clarion Deck, Hifonics Mono Amp, Soundstream T-15, Boston Acoustics Speakers. I put alot of research into that setup at the time, and was hoping gain some insight on todays market.

1.Name your Big three?

2.Which manufacturers seem to be the most "technologically" advanced compared to others?

3. Any good "underground" Manufactures? ie US Amps, FI Audio, Memphis. (Probably not underground to this community but the Best Buys, Big Box Stores, etc.)

And a couple of personal Q's (I am going for ALL SoundQuality)

1. Is 1 10" enough for a SUV? (Honda Pilot)

2. Any one else have a Pilot with a System?

3. Simple but Modern Double Din... Does it exist?(ie. Bluetooth, iPhone Compatible)

4.$1000 Enough for a Good to Excellent Sound Quality Setup?

Thanks for reading, and I hope some of you can answer one or a few questions for me.

Also not trying to be rude, but spare me the "Search Button is at the top", this is forum...Questions may and should be asked.
One 10 could be just fine .. A 10" Fi audio q maybe....

And double din wise the avh3600 pioneer is the lowest model offered with blue tooth very easy to use and basically made to pair with an iPhone .. I run the same double din currently

Brands to look into man there's so many but so far that's something to look into

Thanks Timmy, Ill definitely look into that Pioneer HU.

As far as the sub, I just want something that really sounds great.

Also, Whats the one thing you DONT want to go cheap on. HU, Amp, Speakers, etc.

Thanks Timmy, Ill definitely look into that Pioneer HU.As far as the sub, I just want something that really sounds great.

Also, Whats the one thing you DONT want to go cheap on. HU, Amp, Speakers, etc.
To be honest I'd take the time save up if needed or purchase in steps instead of cheating out .. from personal experience it's gonna save u a second purchase down the road .. now speakers can be had cheap and still be quality look into some parts express .. and as far as the sub goes you mentioned Fi as a company and I know for a fact the Fi q is a beast and a very good sounding sub ... In fact most people consider it a Sq woofer ..

There are a lot of good quality brands out there and most of them are what you would probably call underground. As for building an SQ system for a grand, I don't see it happening. But with that said, you can do a lot with a little if you focus on the environment rather than the brand name(s) of the equipment because generally speaking, most everything comes from the same build houses or is based on the same parts/designs these days. Also, you can spend a zillion bucks on gear and if you don't set it up correctly, it'll sound horrible.

As for simple head units, the Pioneer AVH-X2600 has built in bluetooth, as do a lot of other simple head units out there.

With respect to your sub question, no one can tell you whether one ten is enough for you. I can tell you that one ten is not enough for me but, I'm a basshead. I can also tell you that sealed boxes will never please me but again, I'm not you.

My recommendation for a moderate sound quality sub stage would be one 8 or 10 in a ¼ wave transmission line but again, I have no idea what you consider enough or too much bass. Also, a lot of people don't like really low bass and as such, those people think sealed boxes sound better. So not to beat a dad horse but... without knowing your preferences, I can't really make an accurate recommendation.

1,000$ budget should be close as well figure

400 on double din

200 on woofer

100 on box

200ish on amp

100 on wire

Then down the road do a nice 4 channel and speakers

Thanks you two.

Hmm its hard for me to describe the type/how much bass I want...I guess I just want it to enhance the bass thats already there, and just have a nice crisp sound, without unnecessary busy noise.

Thats probably a terrible description haha, but I just don't want the bass to be overboard.

Thats a great little budget you made up there. Though I might scratch the SUB and AMP for Speakers and a 4-channel amp.

Couple of questions.

I have separate tweeters 1'' to 1/2'' in my SUV, and 2 sets of speakers 6 1/2'' or 5 1/4''. Would I be fine with a 4-channel amp, and wire the Tweeters to the HU?

And was is a 1/4 wave transmission line?

the previous posts are not giving you a good representative "system" in regards to SQ. focusing on bass only does not yield musical results.

if you want a musical system "sound quality" you put all of your initial effort into the front sound stage. and only after nailing it, do you add a sub. most of what we consider "bass" in music is in the range of the speakers anyway.

the Pilot has potential.

front components: $400 budget

front speaker amp: $400 budget

install, LOC, and wire round out the investment.

then, later on, add a sub and a sub amp with about half that budget. if you can get a good deal on speakers or an amp, you can fund a head unit. eliminate rears for now, those would be the very last thing you spend any money on.

I run Alpine and won't run Pioneer. people have preferences and mine is for better engineered/constructed products. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ensure it has time alignment. I would prefer JVC Arsenal over Pioneer. JVC has several double-din with T/A.

As far as brands for component speakers: Hertz and Focal are good brands. Even Alpine Type-X Pro is decent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.