6x9 slope

Audiofrog GS690
Morels

It will be trial and error.

My vote is CDT, after you measure the available depth.

You could lose midrange with a stouter 6x9. Not sure if you want to go 3-way or widebander. That is something to consider as you move toward a speaker with a better lower response.

The 6x9 speaker size doesn't get enough attention. I've run the Kappa 900 and 90csx, and I'd recommend making an adapter for an 8".

Audiofrog GS690
Morels

It will be trial and error.

My vote is CDT, after you measure the available depth.

You could lose midrange with a stouter 6x9. Not sure if you want to go 3-way or widebander. That is something to consider as you move toward a speaker with a better lower response.

The 6x9 speaker size doesn't get enough attention. I've run the Kappa 900 and 90csx, and I'd recommend making an adapter for an 8".
Thank you for the recommendations!
With the speaker brackets I have the mounting depth is 4.7", so there is plenty of room in the doors.

I should probably mention that I listen to almost all metal, so midbass is very important to me.

Last edited:
Yes. They move a lot of air and 8"s don't fit in either location.
I love 6x9s as well. id run them if I didnt have to wack up my doors or place Pods. But more choices in the 6.50 speaker range. CDT HD series are nice, and other raw speakers to build your own set up that will get down. It takes a few to keep up with a 4k on up sub stage.You have to get creative usually and pick and choose drivers and locations for a nice mix. EQ comes in handy for sure

See if you can wedge these in your doors...they'll move air

Thank you for the recommendations!
With the speaker brackets I have the mounting depth is 4.7", so there is plenty of room in the doors.

I should probably mention that I listen to almost all metal, so midbass is very important to me.
If you want to move more air, then you might want to look at 6x9 "subs" and going 3 way up front. Either way, I think if you want to move more air the answer isn't swapping drivers, it's fabrication.

I have my CDT 6x9s on a bandpass crossover. 65 HZ high pass and 250 HZ low pass. I use linkwitz-riley filters at 24 DB slope.
CDT make some excellent speakers. Ive enjoyed mine. Cant wait to get them back in. Im about getting tired of my temp. set up at times. But it still sounds fairly decent atm. I really like Polk MM series components and Infinity Kappa series as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...