6x9 Recommendations

HinkDawg

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ohio
Need to upgrade my front door speakers. I currently have a pair of Alpine R-S69.2 running at 100 rms. I want something that has more wattage to it so it dont blow it if i buy a stronger amp. Looking for a quality 2 way speaker.

Cdt audio hd-690cfx. These 6x9’s were first introduced in 2003-2004 as a prototype. I remember first getting the prototypes for testing. They were a bit different back then using a paper cone and used just a cap on the tweeter. These things had some pretty sweet bass and they can take alot of power. Now with what looks like a better xover and cone I’d imagine they are even better. They have them on a special for $139.99 a pair. Just make sure the mounting depth will work for you cause they are a wee bit deep!

ok so i was informed to get a component set which are much better than a 6x9 in the front doors. Any recommendations on those?

Check out the Morel's Tempo Ultra 692 MKII component speakers. They are not cheap, but well worth the money. Can find them at Crutchfield.

Which ever ones you choose, make sure to do a good job sound deadening the doors. That’s more important than choosing the speakers.

Check out the Morel's Tempo Ultra 692 MKII component speakers. They are not cheap, but well worth the money. Can find them at Crutchfield.

Which ever ones you choose, make sure to do a good job sound deadening the doors. That’s more important than choosing the speakers.
i will check them out thanks for the recommendation. i have sound deadening in all my doors, trunk, and floorboards but another layer in the doors wont hurt!

I've owned all three of the recomended speakers here and just installed some of the new Pioneer Z (CH) series (which I rank up with the $500+ Morel and Focals, I know, shocker but they are phenominal!. If you want to get more from what you already got, try going woth the 2ohm NVX V series 6x9 compenents, they will give you more from your amp at a given wattage as they are 2ohm load speakers. If your amp is not 2 ohm stable, try the NVX "X" series, go to sonicelectronics, great very high performance mid budget speakers for the money. These are all good and believe it or not, the 6.5" Pioneer TS-Z65CH 6.5" are really an outstanding sleeper of a speaker, very high res!

2019 impreza. I just bought a CT-150.4D thats on the way

Very Nice car. Great amplifier for the $!.. I run one myself. Its about the same size as the PPI Phantom series 900.4 and just a tag larger than the 600.2. Lots of really nice clean power thus far

Attachments

• 20220210_004957 (2).jpg
    20220210_004957 (2).jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 14
Very Nice car. Great amplifier for the $!.. I run one myself. Its about the same size as the PPI Phantom series 900.4 and just a tag larger than the 600.2. Lots of really nice clean power thus far
im glad to hear its a nice amp im excited to get my hands on it. i was also looking to buy the ATv2-2300.1d for the pair of icons in my trunk. Do you know or have heard anything about that amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...