Kenwood eXcelon KFC6903 6X9 VS Kicker KSS269 6X9

Hi, thanks for replying. I'm not really concerned about either. Just wanting to know which will be a better unit to put in. Seems like both are more on the high end of what they offer. I can't really seems to come to a good decision on which one. Most people say go Kenowwd but the guy at CrutchField said Kicker. Maybe this is just apples and oranges?

The Kenwood is almost a 3way set...if you're using an amp i'd go Kenwood but off the hu the kickers would be better

Great info. I have a brand new Pioneer AVH 4500NEX HU I just put in. I was gonna run a kicker ampCXA400.1 and 10 inch sub in the rear I'm not sure if the place putting it in would run the speakers through that amp as well or if that even would have enough juice to run both.

Im an Infinity Kappa 6x9 nut hugger and CDT HD series carbon Fiber set. But, For the $ these Kappas will sound Excellent up front on a small 100-150x2 amp. Rear speakers, I would do some ABS Plastic cut out or find a 6x9-6.5 plate and do a set of 6.5 Coax.(Polk DB) on HU power with a Bass Blocker, and run your 10" sub of 4oo-1k. This amp should run the entire truck with what you need power wise and not going too deep into the electrical upgrades. This is what Id put in mine if I were Buying Now. I have things sitting atm that I will do my 2500HD Chevy Crew cab prob this winter. I like the AB XO 10s I have, but I have a 2 ohm stable amp of 500+rms that will work for my application. You are looking at a 400.1 and a singkle 10. I think this would be a nice match up here for you. May look at how much room for an enclosure. Aero-Port will save space. I think Atrend makes a Half Azzed down Fire ported enclosure that may work for you? Id shop around(I 'd build my own prob or try)May just need like 50 ft or less of 12 or 14ga ofc speaker wire that can be found cheaply on Amazon. Amp kit come with some( I prefer 0ga ofc kit, but not necessary for this amp). Id use for the Rear speakers.

Great info. I have a brand new Pioneer AVH 4500NEX HU I just put in. I was gonna run a kicker ampCXA400.1 and 10 inch sub in the rear I'm not sure if the place putting it in would run the speakers through that amp as well or if that even would have enough juice to run both.
REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR HU/POWER OFF ( KEY/IGNITION OFF!!)!!! WHEN CONNECTING THAT AMPLIFIER OR ANY AMPLIFIER TO THAT HU/PIONEER RADIO!! RCAs ,anything. NO HOTT SWAPPING =OR ADDING SPEAKER WIRES<RCAs OR CONNECTING SPEAKERS WITH HU POWERED ON!! (PICO FUSE ISSUES)(Possibility to BLOW THE PICO FUSE). I dont believe they rectified the issue with Pioneer HUs?? I could be wrong? but I dont believe they have fixed the issue. I would not take the chance on it

Last edited:
Fuse @amp and fuses. Use one in Kit @ Battery. Xscorpian is made by Stinger. I use and have used with never having any issues, Great Fuse holders and they make nice distro blocks as well. I have bought from install ball for several years off of ebay. Never had any issues with products, or shipping issues. Look for ABS Plastic sheets 12"x12" of 1/8"-1/4"thick on Ebay to fill gap in rear doors if they have 6x9s. ^.5s.. I wouldnt worry about it. I did not look your vehicle up.Xcab or Crew 1500-3500 series?

That head unit is 14w per channel. If you're not going to run an amp to new speakers, then it's not even worth upgrading the speakers.

Just in case, if you can fit 6 x9s, you can fit 6.5s. There are going to be a lot more options with 6.5s. If you have the time, you should see what options you have. If you prefer components, that is the way to go. You're willing to spend a lot on 6x9s (that need an amp too), that you really need to figure out all your options before you buy.

If not, here are some 6x9s you should add to your list. I may just like Focal, but I would go with these over those other two with this deal.

Not sure what your rears are, but I would be looking for these with a 4 ch amp, 4x 120-125w RMS (with a very little give up or down). I know you can find amp and speaker options in that wattage range.

That head unit is 14w per channel. If you're not going to run an amp to new speakers, then it's not even worth upgrading the speakers.

Just in case, if you can fit 6 x9s, you can fit 6.5s. There are going to be a lot more options with 6.5s. If you have the time, you should see what options you have. If you prefer components, that is the way to go. You're willing to spend a lot on 6x9s (that need an amp too), that you really need to figure out all your options before you buy.

If not, here are some 6x9s you should add to your list. I may just like Focal, but I would go with these over those other two with this deal.

Not sure what your rears are, but I would be looking for these with a 4 ch amp, 4x 120-125w RMS (with a very little give up or down). I know you can find amp and speaker options in that wattage range.
Got it. Thanks so much for the info. Much appreciated from everyone. I do have to replace a cpiuple speakers they are blown my truck had some water damage from an accident this winter so might as well do it all. TY

Here is a question I'd like to ask. It sounds as if I'm going to bother with replacing all 6 speakers in the front AND adding a 10 inch sub under the rear seat I'm going to have to amp both the front and the sub. I was under the impression I just needed to amp the sub alone and that a Kicker CAX 400.1 would do the trick.

The question: Do i run 2 separate amps for front/back speakers and a separate amp for the 10 inch sub or do I find a 5 channel amp that will do it all with more power to it?

Here is a question I'd like to ask. It sounds as if I'm going to bother with replacing all 6 speakers in the front AND adding a 10 inch sub under the rear seat I'm going to have to amp both the front and the sub. I was under the impression I just needed to amp the sub alone and that a Kicker CAX 400.1 would do the trick.

The question: Do i run 2 separate amps for front/back speakers and a separate amp for the 10 inch sub or do I find a 5 channel amp that will do it all with more power to it?
If you have the funds and are willing to give up some space, its nice to have two amplifiers. One for sub duty and one or even two for mids and highs. Most 5 ch amps do not have a decent sub stage. It really depends on what sub you are going to run and speakers as always and a budget of course. I myself like to run multiple amplifiers. I place an amp on every speaker in my vehicles. What are your intensions? there are other amplifiers that perform just as well as that Kicker 400.1(400.1 Mono/sub amp) for the $

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...