6x9 midbass

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hahaha. Could always do plates and put a round woofer in there. There’s some 6.5’s that hit bass pretty well now, especially midbass.

I always had a Ford, so I always had the worst modern-ish oval size. I’d always plate and do a round woofer. Infinity is one of the ones I would run, maybe Hertz. They make some decent stuff.

You could possibly somewhat port a plated 6.5 in a 6x9 hole, possible, that might be something worth looking into.
This stupid door panel design has the speaker dropped into a cavity in the door panel that is exact size to the 6x9. Most of the good 6,5s are actually just barely too large to fit into that cavity or it would work. I could possibly do a 5.25 in there. Right now I am running 2 Dayton 4 inch woofers 40 watts rms per woofer in each front door. They sound really good actually, but they are not going to keep up with 1200 watts rms worth of subs. It’s pushing them to keep up with the single audio legion 10 now.

B02D70D7-44F8-4129-8E60-BE6FF70E71E6.jpeg

The Dayton woofers and the titanium dome tweeters I have in there were for a home audio system technically. I’ve already ordered some silk dome tweeters. The front stage I’m running was always a temporary experiment with what I had just lying around.

I’m hugely biased towards silk dome tweeters. I have to have smooth tweeters. Some tweeters are just brutal. Like the horn tweets under the dash, like the big ones, those are brutal 🥴

How did you like the Dayton titanium tweeters?
I like them, but not in the car. They’re way too close to my ears in there to use titanium. I’m building some satellite speakers with them to pair with a small subwoofer. I like titanium dome for home audio and silk dome for car audio. Titanium sounds nice in a large room IMO.

I like them, but not in the car. They’re way too close to my ears in there to use titanium. I’m building some satellite speakers with them to pair with a small subwoofer. I like titanium dome for home audio and silk dome for car audio. Titanium sounds nice in a large room IMO.

I have a buddy that wants new speakers for his Harley and always liked very bright tweeters. I figured they would be perfect.

I have a buddy that wants new speakers for his Harley and always liked very bright tweeters. I figured they would be perfect.

Very different environment, I agree very bright tweets on a bike would be good. Fighting all the wind and a totally open environment, you need a lot of sound. Something I've been toying with lately, speakers for my bike

Very different environment, I agree very bright tweets on a bike would be good. Fighting all the wind and a totally open environment, you need a lot of sound. Something I've been toying with lately, speakers for my bike

Hit me up bro. We used to put LED's and speakers on motorcycles and scooters. We did some Harley Satchels, stuff like that.

These little 4 inch Dayton woofers are pretty damn nice actually. The limiter starts kicking in and I see some clipping if I set the crossover below 70 hz, so I have them crossed at 75 HPF and 5000 LPF, and I gotta say, I won’t be in a huge huge hurry to upgrade. I have an Audio Legion 10 inch in 1.25 ported @ 32 hz in here with them at the moment, and they actually keep up. I can’t put my stock speaker covers back on though. It’s hard to explain without pictures inside the door, but it’s made in a way that the 6x9 magnet went down the center in the door panel When I switched and put dual magnets, I had to space it out 1.25 inches because it hit on the inside. The speaker cover does fit on, but the 6 mm of xmax from these 4 inch woofers hits it on even low listening levels.

I was a little skeptical about wiring these down to 2 ohms also, as I’ve never ran my door speakers at anything below 4 ohms, but I can’t hear a difference in quality between 2 ohm and 4 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...