6x9 boxes?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
would it be a good idea to instead having 6x9 in the rear doors to relocate them to the back hatch of my car sitting behind the rear seats and pointing towards the front? for better sound and louder purposes

would it be a good idea to instead having 6x9 in the rear doors to relocate them to the back hatch of my car sitting behind the rear seats and pointing towards the front? for better sound and louder purposes
no, Its better if you work on your front stage instead. If you feel like you need 6x9s in the back that means your front component setup is completely inadequate.

Rear 6x9s are just for the passengers, they dont help sound quality at all, in fact, they destroy the soundstage pretty horribly.

What's the vehicle? Year/make/model

2006 mazda 6 hatch. wanted to put it on the rear deck behind passenger seat to be a bit louder., but seems like people are more for front stage.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2006 mazda 6 hatch. wanted to put it on the rear deck behind passenger seat to be a bit louder., but seems like people are more for front stage.
The best quote I've seen regarding focusing on your front stage instead of rear speakers - when was the last time you went to a concert and the music was coming from behind you?

Stock your car should have 6x8s in the rear doors, not 6x9's. Are these speakers that you've already purchased and modded your doors to fit, or are you just referring to the stock speakers?

that's true never thought of it like this concert idea. I have 6x8 but was thinking of getting 6x9 speakers idk what kind I was thinking either alpine type r coaxial or soundqubed. people say throw the back speakers out so instead of having my 4 channel amp should I get a 2 channel or just keep the 4 channel but bridge the 2 Front channels and get rid of back speakers?

that's true never thought of it like this concert idea. I have 6x8 but was thinking of getting 6x9 speakers idk what kind I was thinking either alpine type r coaxial or soundqubed. people say throw the back speakers out so instead of having my 4 channel amp should I get a 2 channel or just keep the 4 channel but bridge the 2 Front channels and get rid of back speakers?
That depends, what speakers are you running up front?

If you absolutely MUST run 6X9's behind you a box will definitely make them sound better and louder, but as everyone else says it is garbage for sound stage. If you put your efforts in up front you won't need any highs coming from behind you.

right now my fronts are the jbl p660c rears alpine type s 6x8

You might want to run active with some efficient pro audio drivers and more powerful silk domes. A powerful 4 channel amp can do wonders as well aka 150 watts+. Some crescendo UN 6.5s and image dynamics xs 28s on a ppi 900.4 or nvx jad 800.4 should get you louder than any 6x9 setup not to mention sounding a lot better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.