6x9 "bass"

Participant count
  • Participant list
Camaro guys refer to the sail pannel to reference the area right next to the passenger (I guess that isn't the proper term?)
I see. That is the c-pillar. That is alot of speakers vying for your attention. I think the LC6 alignment x-overs will be your best friend in this case. Are all six speakers connected to the LC6?

I see. That is the c-pillar. That is alot of speakers vying for your attention. I think the LC6 alignment x-overs will be your best friend in this case. Are all six speakers connected to the LC6?

Lol that's actually the b pillar no rear doors so b pillar or rear quarter panel.

Op I actually wouldn't put anything in that spot.

Those 6x9s need to be crossed over correctly 80hz-2500hz and let the tweeters play 2500hz and up.

Subs play below that.

Some setting you cave are making them sound bad or they are hitting the door panel or vibrating on something.

We can recommend equipment for days but your equipment shouldn't be the problem it's the install.

All the speakers are being run by the LC6.
I don't have much amp tunning knowledge.
I usually do the research, buy what looks good, have a shop do the install, and call it a day.
But this time around it was unacceptable considering I have 4 6x9s in there and was getting no movement (is there a better term than movement? I'm referring to the air movement.) I hesitate to say bass because the speakers obviously cannot get to the HZ of what is considered bass. In my experience a good set of component 6x9s in the front door are both heard and can be felt.
I do have a good understanding of LPF and HPF and am very comfortable adjusting those settings. Crossover and bandpass not so much.
I was adjusting the filter settings last night and was able to get more movement than I imagined from the front 6x9s (so I know they are capable of what I'm looking for), but for some reason the highs in the car no longer sounded good even though I only adjusted how low the speakers could go.
I did less radical adjustments today and got more movement out of the speakers than was there after the shop turned it, but I'd like to get more if possible.
I LOVE bass and mids but my favorite music is hard rock/metal.

Last edited:
No need to face palm.
Type Camaro sail pannel into Google images and what I was referring is the first thing that comes up.
I guess there is no proper term for it since common use changes the definition.
Face palm was for my error. For some odd reason, I thought of the Camaro as a sedan. Hence me refering to the sail panel as the c-pillar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...