6th order enclosure build log

I think the cheapest one I have was 80$ on Amazon. Most of the routers bought from big box stores won’t accommodate the larger round over bits either. I modified the housing on one of mine so the router bit would fit. The router lasted a few months, but the centrifugal force applied with the large bit burned out the router quite fast.
How big/powerful of a router you were you using?

Last edited:
D09FA7A0-EE54-4957-8E5F-06913968758F.jpeg

732E8B85-CD32-4EC1-821A-0874A81FEB5B.jpeg
CA011AE8-9E37-448A-8895-1F0C7211880C.jpeg

So my sub isn’t going to be here until next week, so I decided to stick my Dayton 10 in it for now. Sounds pretty good. It has the lows and the punch for kick drums and higher bass. I ran it without the door on it this morning, which would be a normal ported box 1.5 cubes tuned to 27 HZ. Ver good sound quality, but the sub is pointed the wrong way (sideways) and port is pointed back. Seemed to lack a little in the kick drum area. Putting the door on made a world of difference. The kick drum hits hard now and the lows are still there. The Savard Sub is double the power of the 800 watt Dayton, so it should be a fairly impressive sounding setup on music. It’s actually loud enough for daily listening just using the Dayton.
7782B456-32E7-40F9-B1BA-EED1CAB058D8.jpeg
2269D61C-1BE5-4D1B-B469-1CD56CB6FD5B.jpeg

I personally think that the ports are a little on the small side for a 6th and might be Chokeing the spl a little bit and might make the sub over heat . but i could be totaly wrong looks good reguardless 👌

I personally think that the ports are a little on the small side for a 6th and might be Chokeing the spl a little bit and might make the sub over heat . but i could be totaly wrong looks good reguardless 👌
I wanted to test how small a 6th order could be made by using aeroports instead of the large slot ports. I thought I would have a lot of port noise, but it doesn’t. I also have a slot port 6th to compare it using the same sub. The aeroport sounds the same as the slot port by ear. Not sure what the difference would be on the meter.
9B72D457-EE63-428A-B487-62508DB8F359.jpeg

So my sub isn’t going to be here until next week, so I decided to stick my Dayton 10 in it for now. Sounds pretty good. It has the lows and the punch for kick drums and higher bass. I ran it without the door on it this morning, which would be a normal ported box 1.5 cubes tuned to 27 HZ. Ver good sound quality, but the sub is pointed the wrong way (sideways) and port is pointed back. Seemed to lack a little in the kick drum area. Putting the door on made a world of difference. The kick drum hits hard now and the lows are still there. The Savard Sub is double the power of the 800 watt Dayton, so it should be a fairly impressive sounding setup on music. It’s actually loud enough for daily listening just using the Dayton.
View attachment 52507View attachment 52508
That paint bro 🤤

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...