67 mustang radio install

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
hey guys my cousin wants me to look at his 67 mustang and see if i can install a radio in it. ive done my research and seem to understand what ill be getting myself into buy just for kicks anybody got and tips? never done classic car so idk if its the same as new vehicle (which i doubt) or im opening a can of worms.

The old schools i usto work on were the easiest cars in the world usually the Head Unit is towrds the bottom of the dash and has 1 or 2 screws in the bottom piece of the dash to hold it in and slightly up so all was needed was to unscrew and pull out but even if its up a little more theres plenty of room to lay under the dash and work on it

he wants it in theglove box so my thing is getting the power, i really dont want to pull out the steering wheel column and dig through all those wires to find the ingition wire. im just going to run a fused wire to battery for memory and ground well, thats a ground ill put that anywere i see metal

I just completed a '77 Electra stealth install. Tapped into the clock for constant and ran a link too the fuse box for a switch. Had to run speakers for the rear 6x9s. Also installed a USB/3.5mm Headphone jack extension so driver can use mp3 player... Not while driving of course :p Pix here

http://1drv.ms/1GkuPpt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.