65 Mustang amp mount

Participant count
  • Participant list

desertdoc22

Hey I'm looking to install my amp in the trunk of my 65 Mustang Convertible but I want a clean "amp rack" or "beauty box" or something like that. Its ready to go in the trunk but I dont want the wires to show. Looking for something clean and easy to build. Any ideas?? Thanks for your help.

You gotta be creative. What you do depends on what you're after and what equipment you have. Some people like to showcase their gear, some like to hide it. For my install I made a simple folding amp rack out of 3/4" plywood:

6337680978_3c9917c362_z.jpg

Bolted to the trunk floor:

6337681254_628b993b88_z.jpg

Carpeted and tucked under the trunk lip in the fender:

6352661513_b0e5a7e838_z.jpg

The wires will get covered with spiral plastic loom when I'm done, or maybe hidden behind the trunk carpet. Other people have made amp racks with plexiglass windows and neon lights... it all depends on what you're looking for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.