640 SQUARE FOOT OF DEADENING, Complete Two Tone, HUNDEREDS of LEDs (2001 Maxima)

I wonder if Ant from SS ever told you that you don't need near that much sound dampening material in there or does he promote that type of silliness?

I wonder if Ant from SS ever told you that you don't need near that much sound dampening material in there or does he promote that type of silliness?
The answer is obvious. He doesn't. I don't think he actively tells people to use that much in fear of getting called out, but he sure as hell doesn't smack sense into anyone doing it - and just look at Buzz Thompson's truck, that's a whole cacophony of fail.

Ant is just as big of a crook as anyone else in the sound deadening industry as far as I'm concerned, except a very select few. But maybe I'm overly biased because he ruined DIYMA.

lol I managed to squeeze 175 ish sq ft of rammat into my suv, but there are literally 2 layers on all doors, hatch, floor and 2 on the ceiling. I suppose I could fit another 25 on the firewall to get it upto 200, but the cars a dead thud now, dont know where else youd squeeze 400 sq ft in a maxima lol

Still impressed though, and would love to be updated

lol I managed to squeeze 175 ish sq ft of rammat into my suv, but there are literally 2 layers on all doors, hatch, floor and 2 on the ceiling. I suppose I could fit another 25 on the firewall to get it upto 200, but the cars a dead thud now, dont know where else youd squeeze 400 sq ft in a maxima lol
Still impressed though, and would love to be updated
me to!

i used ss pro and was very pleased with it

James - yeah, in retrospect, I used wayyyy too much. Ant never offered any type of counterargument against using such a huge amount of deadening, but whatever, you live you learn.

Sure, I should have used less, I know that now, and that is good enough for me.

Ok, fellas, updates coming this weekend. I need to finish this up asap as she's going up for sale as soon as the overhaul is completed. I have been busy as hell with work and the house, and ****NNNNNNNNN does this need to get done. Thanks for staying tuned, all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.