6.5's in the rear deck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shugarra
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Montana
Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the amplifier forum and didn't have much luck there so I thought I might try my hand at putting it in the correct forum =)

I've got two questions:

#1-I just purchased a new car and I have been transferring all the stuff over. The car I've just purchased has the bose system in it with those little dinky amplifiers. I've got a Alpine 9815 that I was planning to use to run my diamond m3 6x9's in the rear off of. As a temporary install I just used the little amplifiers to power the 6x9's, while I was waiting on the wire to run from the deck. Well I got the wire (14 Gauge) and ran it straight from the deck harness to the speakers and it sounds significantly quieter running on deck power than it did with the amp. I'm also waiting on my components to arrive so I am listening to it with the stock speakers up front which may contribute to it sounding quieter than it really is because of the crappy speakers up front? I guess, shouldn't my 9815 be putting out more rms than 9 year old amps?

And...

#2-I've heard a lot of people talk about how you shouldn't run 6x9's because they distort easier. Well now that I'm moving in to my new car I have to use 4.5" components instead of the 6.5" ones that I was using. I'm rather concerned that it wont put out the good midbass that I'm used to. What do you guys think of putting 6.5" components in the rear deck (probably diamond m3 or m6). If that is a good idea should the tweeter be near the woofer or would it sound better up towards the driver/passenger? Or should I skip components all together and just go for some coax's?

Thanks alot for your input!

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.