6.5 comps 100-150

For under $150, Morel Maximo are some of the best for the price. Several publications have done comparison of 5-6 different speakers together, and Maximos always came on top or among the best. The only problem is that there is no twitter attenuation control. They also have good sensitivity. Massive Audio CK6 is also good, but they need a more powerful amplifier, maybe >100watt per channel.

before i got my Massive Audio CK6V i was looking into the Morel Maximo 6. didn't find too many reviews about the Morel's so i went with the Massive's all im waiting for to install the Massive's are the mdf spacer rings i ordered. as for the amps the ones i got my eye on are the MB Quart ONX4.125 and the Massive Audio NX4

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-speaker-reviews/528899-morel-maximo-6-review.html

Among these two, the ONX4 is better if you don't care about its size. NX4's wattage rating is inflated, but it's more compact. Personally, I would have bought Kenwood XR-4S, which is powerful _and_ compact, or one of the new PPI Black Ice amplifiers. They're about to ship, but their specs are already posted. They are supposed to be decent amps for the money as they were designed to be higher grade than PPI Sedona, and they used some SoundStream (rubi?) board as their starting design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.