Whos got a good 3.5in speaker?

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Considering putting 2 3.5in speakers into my dash since theres mounts and my HU could power the set. So anyone special i should look into? Not wanting too spend much on them.

Been looking at

Fosgate P132

Kicker D350s or somthing

Also wanting to looking into memphis, any suggestions?

at that size, I've only used Kicker DS series and a cheap set of Kole Audio. both were pretty good but i'd go with the Kickers again and again for the price and sound.

Why exactly do u want to mount speakers there? I just see a coaxial tweeter there reflecting off the windshield doin more hurt than help.

But if u must, id go with a full range driver as opposed to a coaxial so ur highs dont get too bright from glass reflections.

Why exactly do u want to mount speakers there? I just see a coaxial tweeter there reflecting off the windshield doin more hurt than help.
But if u must, id go with a full range driver as opposed to a coaxial so ur highs dont get too bright from glass reflections.
because i drive a Ram and dash is made to hold them..... Thats where my tweeters are now and they sound good, i just want it louder. So i figured move the tweeters to the doors and drop a set of 3.5s into the dash. Bad idea???

This is what im talking about below

Ram Dash

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&biw=1280&bih=619&tbm=isch&tbnid=z8T5i27hV4IOLM:&imgrefurl=http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D14614&docid=7vMzfBCOiMhEyM&imgurl=http://i25.tinypic.com/2ufbko7.jpg&w=1600&h=1200&ei=6QIXT7azGOiysALd0dSiAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=195&vpy=224&dur=142&hovh=133&hovw=193&tx=187&ty=108&sig=116563390036667387973&page=7&tbnh=133&tbnw=193&start=124&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:124

I also had 4x6's in that location in my 94 chevy and everyone that got in my truck said they it sounded great

I guess it you're just after more volume it may help slightly....
I think Boston has a 3/3.5 incher
Well i would hope a addition pair of speakers would help in a single cab lol my tweeters are pretty loud there.... Yea boston had i few i looked at

I've tried most of 'em. Boston Acoustics, hands down. You'll need to bass-block them - I chose 75 Hz blockers.
My HPF is @ 80Hz threw my HU, think i should still run them?

Have you tryed the clarions? Like i said ive really liked there previous models i owned

Dodge 3.5" speaker mounting locations are perfect for a set of tweeters, with midbasses in the doors.
lol really? Cuz thats already how my set-up is, as stated above

Like i said, looking for more volume. So im moving the tweeters to doors and adding a set of 3.5s. For my application, dosnt that seem like a good option?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoshC

10+ year member
The Taco MASTA
JoshC
Houston, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date