6.5 Component Suggestions - 150W RMS - Prefer $200 Or Less

vexter0944
10+ year member

I'm looking for a new set of 6.5 components and have been out of the scene for a while. I had a set of PG Xenon 6.5's but the woofer died. I'm using a JL Audio 450/4 as the amp. These will get 150W RMS while the CDT Audio CL 6EX's in my rear doors are getting the other 75W RMS from the JL Audio 450.4

Any ideas would appreciated - thanks in advance - I'll be watching the thread for replies or if you have something for sale and are local to the STL area let me know - we can talk.

not components buy I have some DD CXS 6.5 Coaxials... they ready to be shipped out today, packed and all.....

28va4p.jpg

PM me or text (better to reach me) if interested. Can cut you a pretty good deal

650-544-9779

Thanks for the input - but those look like they're rated at 90W RMS - I need 150W RMS to match the JL Audio 450/4 amp I'm using. I was on board until I saw that RMS rating. Thanks though, appreciate the input.

Keep em coming guys - and thanks!

I haven't heard these but a few people on here bought them when they were on sale and rave about them. They describe them as having good midbass, a smooth midrange and a nice detailed but not harsh tweeter. They're still available for a good price and anything bought through amazon comes with a factory warranty.Amazon.com: Morel Maximo 6 1/2 inch 2 way component system: Electronics

I have 125 w rms feeding my morels that are rated at 90 and I can tell you that they can handle more. Turn the gain down if you are worried. Most good speakers are underrated anyways.

got some hertz hv 165 mids with the crossovers and a set of dd tweets to go with it mids take 100 watts rms and the tweets 60 watts rms ,also can keep you in that 200 price range shipped,just no grills ,sorry.also have a set of cdt comps too i'd sell you complete

Thanks for all the help guys - I ended up going with a set of Massive Audio CK6's from Dave Temple - $219 shipped. Got them installed this weekend - sound AWESOME. Very nice set for the money. Yes, they were over the $200 limit by $20, and the RMS was 125, but Dave (and other reviews) assured me that 150 wasn't a problem. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help/suggestions and let everyone know what the end result was.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.