6 12s vs 4 15s

Flip a coin.

6 12s will be slightly less cone area but more motor force.
6 12s will be more expensive
Plus you will probably want quite a bit more power for 6 Zv5s. Honestly I would want more power for the 15s as well.

The 4 15s will have significantly more cone area
10-14 square inches is certainly not a significant difference.

That said, I'd mock up the area you have for a baffle and cut out some 12 and 15" rounds of cardboard or something and just start playing around with placement and see which will be physically easier to put together in an orientation you like that allows whatever port options you're after. If I ever get good weather and free time to coincide I'm really itching to rebuild mine to try to squeeze in 8 12s but I haven't even got as far as to see if I can do it and have adequate port area. I know I can do 6 easily but I don't think 50% more power handling is quite worth the effort it'll take to do the carpentry plus the cost of rebuilding that many subs, especially since I don't think I have more than a couple 12" frames here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.