6 1/2 Components zane, anybody? please? lol

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wonderbread
5,000+ posts

Against Avatar Theft
Vancouver BC
allright, i had madea previous post regarding teh alpiune type R components, love the sound, they were a pretty good price, and zane recopmmended them, i was all set to go. Now i find out taht these dream speakers of mine WONT FIT IN MY CAR!! the magnet is waaaay to big. sh!t. lol, dont want to do any major work to teh car, so builfiding something is out.

Anyways, I was also shown today the Infinity 605CS 6.5 comps. Any good? they sounded pretty good, better highs than the Alpines, but nowhere near the midbass. I guess thats not one of my biggest worries tho,w tih 2 8" and a 12 " sub lol.

Anyways, I can get those for 165 US, in my hands, after taxes, adn another 40 bucsk for the install, good deal? how do those speaks compare?

thanks

is taht a decent price to be paying for them?

i heard some JL's, but they were more cash, and hoenstly, they didnt ahve the same highs. and there are no CDT ior wahtahve you to be found up here in edmonton lol.

little 3 part secret to a tweeter 1.placement 2.placement and 3. eq the first 2 are most important lol repetative but important..also realize your dealing with someone here that has a digital sound processor that can do alot lol.

so they are good speakers, we've established that, is taht a good price to be paying for them?

where would be the ideal palce fo rme to put the tweeter in my 1991 Mercury cougar LS?

you gotta try it yourself i would say kicks but if you dont wanna do that double side tape them to a few different locations on the door dash and a pillar. glass, vinyl cloth all make a difference in how speakers perform..thats why i say each car even if the same kind has its own personality..besides that we all do not hear exactly the same way. after you find the location install it dont leave it taped!! i had some guy just leave it taped then tried to blame me for it falling and hurting a speaker lead. (i just figured this guy would have sense..after all he claimed to be an installer)

all the speakers we have talked about are world renouned for sounding good (all speakers kinda **** though they are the weakest link in any system) cdt is bigger in europe even though they are a california company, infinity i think is sold everywhere. jl is jl. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.