What components are like the MB Quartz of long ago?

rovster

CarAudio.com Recruit
Miramar
I have been brought up to date that MBQ is not what it was when I was on HS and college but I remember loving that sound. It was smooth and plush. It was soft yet full. What speakers today would compare and give me that plush sound? Not afraid to drop $500+ but not looking to go nuts either. I definitely want to avoid bright and metallic sounding it’s just not my preference. Been looking at components from JL, Morel and Focal but right now I’m buying blind. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, I was in the game in the late 80's to late 90's. Back then MBQ and Boston Acoustics were the go to components. I have a Jeep and wheel and go through water crossings a lot so I cant drop a ton on door components. That being said I have tried several sets of $100 comps and they all sound "tinny" imo. I'm going to step it up as well.

Last edited:
Here are some deals: and 2 suggestions:

I mean, I have a set of MB Quart QM 218.61Q comps I've been holding on too for quite awhile. If you aren't afraid to spend some cash, they are ******* phenomenal if you mount the tweeters off-axis.

Matt

In the $600 range
I like my stereo integrity speakers so far
Tm65 midbass $399
m25 tweeters $199

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...