6-½" Midbass Speakers?

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
I'm going to replace my 6-½" coaxials in my doors with 6-½" midbass speakers. What is everybody running for midbass? I could go 8" in the doors if I made an adapter plate. Any name brands that I should look at? I'm going to look at these brands so far.
Crescendo
Stephens
VFL
Deaf Bonce

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Steven’s

marc2112

CarAudio.com Elite
Oct 12, 2012
Montreal, Qc
My whole truck cost me $5,000. Not the system, the whole truck. 2005 Dodge Hemi with 112k.

View attachment 26742
Are you a drug dealer? These are drug dealer wheels.

Seriously tho; I heard Stevens are pretty good. I would also suggest good ol' Dynaudio's

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you a drug dealer? These are drug dealer wheels.

Seriously tho; I heard Stevens are pretty good. I would also suggest good ol' Dynaudio's

[/URL]
Not a drug dealer. 22's with 305/45/22's. The rims were on it when I bought it. It had some engine and exhaust mods as well. He said it's a little over 400 horse. I'll look at the dynaudio's.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I would black out the bumper, grille, and emblems. That’s just me though! I’m not a chrome fan other than some accents here and there. Plasti dip is your friend when it comes to testing out black without permanently doing it.

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
I would black out the bumper, grille, and emblems. That’s just me though! I’m not a chrome fan other than some accents here and there. Plasti dip is your friend when it comes to testing out black without permanently doing it.
I'm a little old for the "murdered out" look. I'm 52, I don't want to pose like I'm 21.

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
My Bug was pretty much "murdered out" and layed out. No air bags here, we old folks call it "committed".
Screenshot_20201129-222121_Gallery.jpg

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
So you want like a pro audio midbass or an SQ midbass woofer?
How low can your tweeters be crossed at?
2 way or dedicated midbass?
Active crossovers?

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I’m not 21 but still like black over chrome. Maybe paint the bumpers to match grey. My parents have an 02 Dodge that is just wasting away. Thinking about selling my truck, buying there’s and fixing it up

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
That black paint looks immaculate. My black accord is pretty much impossible to keep clean but when it does get some TLC there’s nothing better than a clean black car
And, I never washed it. I always used the spray detailer stuff and wiped it off. It had a single 15" on a 3K and pounded. Sound deadened from floor to roof, and even the front hood. It was nasty for a car with a 95 amp alternator. Just sayin. I was proud of it.
Screenshot_20201129-222222_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201129-221656_Gallery.jpg

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Active crossovers?
Basically, I should've asked for a midbass, midrange, and tweet setup that could keep up with my subs. I was thinking just two 6-½" midbass and two super tweets could do the job. I'm most likely wrong. So, that is where I am. Standard cab truck.

Bobbytwonames

Angry Old Man
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Active crossovers?
Honestly, what is the difference in a pro audio midbass and a sq midbass? I don’t have a DSP (long story). I will be running everything off of a four channel amp. I'm guessing that I should go with adapters and run an 8" Stephens midbass 6-½" midrange and a super tweeter in the door to keep up with 3K of bass.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
Piecing together speakers, so no passive crossover. How are you going to run 3 way active with no tuning and 4 channels of output?

If you are dead set on one amp and no dsp, just grab a 2 way passive comp set and bridge your amp. If you want midbass using the drivers listed, grab a second amp and a cheap dsp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days