Door Speakers Stop Working

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2014 corolla with the tweeters on the top, I have 2 alpine door speakers they worked fine when first installed, after a few days noticed they stopped working so I took them out checked everything looks fine, but again will play a few days then stopped, I don't know if anyone knows what the issue is, I'm not sure if it has to do woth the tweeters being connected to them as well

I have a 2014 corolla with the tweeters on the top, I have 2 alpine door speakers they worked fine when first installed, after a few days noticed they stopped working so I took them out checked everything looks fine, but again will play a few days then stopped, I don't know if anyone knows what the issue is, I'm not sure if it has to do woth the tweeters being connected to them as well
My brother has a very similar corolla. 2015 I think. The Alpines may be a different ohm load for the factory power and it may be shutting it off. Are the tweeters factory and what model Alpine speakers?

Also, look into this option.

The factory corolla tweeters have a crossover capacitor ..so that should keep your ohms stable ...if I was to guess the terminals are occasionally touching metal of the door and shorting the radios amp chip ..you can check on this by looking close to where the wires attach ..solution..wrap tape around terminals on speakers to make insulation ...or and add duct tape over metal a couple layers where speakers might touch..

Other possibility is that you used screws to mount the speakers and have one side bowing slightly warping the speaker and the vc is shutting down..
Solution a spacer ring or adjust screws so the basket doesn't warp ..

Hopefully one of these will be a repair solution...

My brother has a very similar corolla. 2015 I think. The Alpines may be a different ohm load for the factory power and it may be shutting it off. Are the tweeters factory and what model Alpine speakers?

Also, look into this option.

[/URL]
I have an aftermarket head unit, it's a Kenwood, not sure the model but was around $600 dollars and no the tweeters are not factory I put some cheap sound stream tweeters on there as far as model for the alpine speakers I can not remember, I bought them at bestbuy for around 100 bucks if that helps

The factory corolla tweeters have a crossover capacitor ..so that should keep your ohms stable ...if I was to guess the terminals are occasionally touching metal of the door and shorting the radios amp chip ..you can check on this by looking close to where the wires attach ..solution..wrap tape around terminals on speakers to make insulation ...or and add duct tape over metal a couple layers where speakers might touch..

Other possibility is that you used screws to mount the speakers and have one side bowing slightly warping the speaker and the vc is shutting down..
Solution a spacer ring or adjust screws so the basket doesn't warp ..

Hopefully one of these will be a repair solution...
I replaced the factory tweeters with some sound stream tweeters, I noticed the positive and negative both have 2 wires running to them so my guess is one comes from headunit and other leaves to door speaker, and I put in a speaker baffle because I thought maybe the wired were getting wet but the problem continues so I don't think it is touching metal, and I did use screws to mount but I'm not sure if it's warped I will have to check on that one

I have an aftermarket head unit, it's a Kenwood, not sure the model but was around $600 dollars and no the tweeters are not factory I put some cheap sound stream tweeters on there as far as model for the alpine speakers I can not remember, I bought them at bestbuy for around 100 bucks if that helps
A speaker wire grounding to body will shut a Kenwood deck down so will a tweaked basket with voice coil short ..both issues can be intermittent

My head unit works fine the subwoofer and rear speakers still play music, it's just the 2 door speakers that stop after a day or 2
Are the rear speakers stock ...some corolla owners are having a problem in the picture where the rear
20210217_160309.jpg
speaker wire is grounding to the basket bit id think they would quit playing also ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chalo_209

Chalo_209
Kingsport tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Chalo_209