SPEAKERS AUDIO CUT OUT WHEN SCREWED TO DOOR

Participant count
  • Participant list

Teamsizzle55

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently purchased some kicker speaker and a jvc stereo system, however whenever I go to screw down the rear speaker on my car door it stops the audio from working for all the speakers but when I remove the screws and just have the speaker sitting in the door unbolted it works fine. Any tips ?

As stated above, it appears that the speaker is grounding out when it touches the metal speaker cutout in the door. Check the wiring at your terminals to make sure that none are touching the frame of the speaker or cutout. If the problem persists, try isolating the speaker from the metal door frame, with some type of foam or gasket material. Use plastic wall anchors to keep the speaker mounting screws from directly touching the metal in your door. Good luck and let us know who solved the problem.

As stated above, it appears that the speaker is grounding out when it touches the metal speaker cutout in the door. Check the wiring at your terminals to make sure that none are touching the frame of the speaker or cutout. If the problem persists, try isolating the speaker from the metal door frame, with some type of foam or gasket material. Use plastic wall anchors to keep the speaker mounting screws from directly touching the metal in your door. Good luck and let us know who solved the problem.
Update: I’m a dumbass! The speaker bracket that “Crutchfield” sent me didn’t come with directions so installed the speaker in the bracket backwards causing the magnet on the speaker to be too close which made it touch metal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.