SPEAKERS AUDIO CUT OUT WHEN SCREWED TO DOOR

Teamsizzle55

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 22, 2021
Maryland
I recently purchased some kicker speaker and a jvc stereo system, however whenever I go to screw down the rear speaker on my car door it stops the audio from working for all the speakers but when I remove the screws and just have the speaker sitting in the door unbolted it works fine. Any tips ?

2RZ-FE

Senior VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Dixon, Ca
Make sure the speaker leads aren't grounding to the door speaker cutout

huberoy123

Nov 6, 2013
Delaware
As stated above, it appears that the speaker is grounding out when it touches the metal speaker cutout in the door. Check the wiring at your terminals to make sure that none are touching the frame of the speaker or cutout. If the problem persists, try isolating the speaker from the metal door frame, with some type of foam or gasket material. Use plastic wall anchors to keep the speaker mounting screws from directly touching the metal in your door. Good luck and let us know who solved the problem.

Reactions: Teamsizzle55

Teamsizzle55

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 22, 2021
Maryland
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As stated above, it appears that the speaker is grounding out when it touches the metal speaker cutout in the door. Check the wiring at your terminals to make sure that none are touching the frame of the speaker or cutout. If the problem persists, try isolating the speaker from the metal door frame, with some type of foam or gasket material. Use plastic wall anchors to keep the speaker mounting screws from directly touching the metal in your door. Good luck and let us know who solved the problem.
Update: I’m a dumbass! The speaker bracket that “Crutchfield” sent me didn’t come with directions so installed the speaker in the bracket backwards causing the magnet on the speaker to be too close which made it touch metal

Reactions: huberoy123

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds