5x7 Options

Participant count
  • Participant list

onebadtwo
10+ year member

I'm curious about 5X7's. I see Rainbow makes a set in their SLC line, which a have read on here that you can't beat Rainbows for SQ. I also see JL audio makes a set (XR570-CSI) which I have read are a very nice speaker. I have also seen people cut their door panels and fit a 6.5 in the 5x7's place. The problem I am having is I can't hear Rainbows, the JL's are no big deal I can hear them here in town, and I'm not sure I want to cut the door panels that are inside a new truck with less than 2000 miles. So I guess my question is, am I being silly for not wanting to cut up my door panels? If I decide to go with the 5x7's how do the JL's compare to Rainbows?

Thanks

Curtis

2006 F150 Regular cab

P.S. I listen to all kinds of music.

Honestly...Go for the round drivers. Minimal work to have better sound as its meant to be. As far as cutting..

252930_110_full.jpg

On a brand new Infiniti when I bought it. Good sound sometimes has sacrifices. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.