Memphis, Crystal or Alpine 4x6s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

aeronautica86
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Waco, Tx
Unfortunately for me, the only full range speakers in my car from the factory are 4x6" speakers which leaves me with limited options for quality speakers. Also, the max depth for the speakers is 1 5/8" so they have to be pretty shallow as well. Originally I was planning on going with Alpine or Memphis 4x6s (probably memphis), but I've seen the name Crystal being thrown around alot in the speaker forum so I figured I'd see if they make a 4x6". Apparently they do, and they are less expensive than either the Memphis or Alpines. Here are the 4 speakers I'm considering:

Memphis Power Reference Series

Memphis MClass Series

Alpine SPS Series

Crystal Mobile Sound CXE Series

What do you all think would be best? SQ is very important to me, but retaining the (fairly) stock appearance of the interior is also important, so I won't be modding the door panels to fit bigger speakers or components. These will also be powered by an external amp which I will buy when I buy the speakers.

why dont you get a 4: component with x overs and put the tweeters next to the mid on a bracket, that will give you the best sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.