50.4 or 100.4 Sundown for 60rms Speakers

I wish you luck with amplifying your Infinity speakers. I had four Kappa 682.7cf drivers in my 2006 Mustang... They were better than stock on radio power, but man did those fuggers make my ears ring when I amplified them.

First, I drove all four of them with roughly 100 watts RMS per driver from a RF 25 to Life Power 1000 at minimal gain, and that was WAY too much power for them. I am talking bleeding ear drums from the harsh highs!

Next, I removed the rear 6x8s and drove the door 6x8s with 125 watts per channel from a Soundstream Reference 700s, and that was still WAY too much power.

Lastly, I drove the remaining pair with 50 watts RMS per channel from two channels on a Lunar L450, and they were still too dang bright with the gains all the way down. The ultimate failure here was I had gone with an active HU and only fed the 6x8s from 315 Hz on up.

i don't have rear speakers and haven't in years i would get a 2 channel and do just fronts with componets.like basscort said rear's his over powered the frontand that kinda *****. when was the last time you went to a concert and turned you back to the stage.thats why i don't use rear speakers.allthough you can turn down the rear gain but then you don't hear them anyway so i would loose them alltogeather.but to each his own.some people like rear fill.in my next car i'm doing 4 6x9's in the rear deck LOL!

They are very bright but I like that, but I'm hoping an IXL 10 in a small box will help with the upper bass.. Otherwise, I'll probably swap them out.

Is there any reason I'd kick myself for getting the 50.4 vs the 100.4 at a later date? It's roughly $100 difference so I'd like to save it possible.

i have a 100.2 sax new as well as the 50.4 sax your welcome to either $175 shipped, with new rca ,2 or 4 ch rca your choice

factory authorized 2 yr warranty

thanks

They are having a close out on the sax 50.4 = $200 ... I think it was SSA. Can't beat that quality/power for the money
yes u can! thats a dollar a watt. sundowns good stuff but too expensive for what it is. AP, AQ, and some others out there are just as reputable for cheaper

i have a 100.2 sax new as well as the 50.4 sax your welcome to either $175 shipped, with new rca ,2 or 4 ch rca your choice

thanks
we've been pm'ing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

thanks
get his 50.4. good guy and it'd be perfect for 60rms speakers.

direct Quote from jacob on sundown's ssa forum:

"SAX-50.4 is plenty... those are rated 60 RMS and the 50.4 can do over 60 per channel. "

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.