.5 ohm vs 2 amps stapped @ final 2 ohm load(each amp @ 1ohm)

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I was just curious how this works toward a electrical system. i know it can vary due to the many factors. i looked through search and found the info on those factors. but nothing on this. so really the only thing im wondering is which would have the bigger draw on electrical system?

This may be a dumb question but its something that im curious about.

thanks in advance,

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif cheers

Run higher ohms if you can.
why would i want to run higher ohms? im about to recone my sub to a d1 regardless because my amp is .5ohm stable. running higher would defeat the purpose of me having the 3.4k amp.

not trying to argue or be smart with you by the way

Exactly. The higher impedance you run, the cooler and more efficient your system runs. And that makes your equipment last longer.
this is true. but honestly i dont run my system hard at all daily(about 1/4 or 1/2 power tops even for a demo). comps i run full tilt for about 1min 25secs tops

if you get two 1500 wattt amps and strap them you can run 3k at 2 ohms
this is know. thats what i meant in the first post. stap to amps to 2 ohm(1ohm each). and the question being which would be less strain on elec. .5ohm or 2 amps strapped to 2 ohm.

the reason i was confused was i know .5ohm is harder on elec, and strapped to 2 ohm is a higher imp, but with 2 amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.