.5 ohm vs 2 amps stapped @ final 2 ohm load(each amp @ 1ohm)

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you make the same amount of power at either ohm load I don't see a difference in current draw. Running at a higher ohm load should place less stress on the amp though
because if the amp is "stable" to .5, doesn't mean that 1ohm will be half, and likely where the efficiency will jump. if that 3400@.5 obnly does 1700-1800, then yes, but i doubt it. if you get the 2 amps at 1ohm, even if they can be run for 20-25% more juice at .5, then you are still better off with efficiency (less loss through heat and break-down of signal under extreme load, etc) running them at 1 ohm(2ohm strapped)

well if you have the same power at .5 ohm as 2 ohm then your electrical will be better.
so are you saying that the amps at 2ohm will have better elec? or did you mean the .5 ohm would

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

skar ohh nooo lol
overpriced "b-stock" lol

2 ohm will have better electrical.
ok, kew. i will prob end up testing both ways, but i will for sure be looking to get 2 amps to strap together at 2 ohms then. i just wanted to know if it would benefit my electrical any.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.