Kicker vs. Alpine help

Erkk23
10+ year member

Ok so I know kicker and alpine get dwarfed by many others.. but my new job (not to be mentioned for obvious corporate reasons) gives me a SUBSTANTIAL discount with these 2 brands.. like 5 percent above cost to them (70-80% off retail).. I am looking for your input on sub/amp combos between these 2 brands on the best possible system to create with these choices. I can only make 1 purchase per year so it has to be the BEST combo possible between them. Any input is greatly appreciated because I am not too familiar with alpine. I used to have 3 kicker L5's and 3 1000 watt kenwood amps which did the job nicely in my old car before I sold it.. back in 2007.. so I'm a little out of date with these brands.. then when I have enough money I will sell that system and get what I really want.. so for now its kicker vs alpine.. let the games begin!

Ok so I know kicker and alpine get dwarfed by many others.. but my new job (not to be mentioned for obvious corporate reasons) gives me a SUBSTANTIAL discount with these 2 brands.. like 5 percent above cost to them (70-80% off retail).. I am looking for your input on sub/amp combos between these 2 brands on the best possible system to create with these choices. I can only make 1 purchase per year so it has to be the BEST combo possible between them. Any input is greatly appreciated because I am not too familiar with alpine. I used to have 3 kicker L5's and 3 1000 watt kenwood amps which did the job nicely in my old car before I sold it.. back in 2007.. so I'm a little out of date with these brands.. then when I have enough money I will sell that system and get what I really want.. so for now its kicker vs alpine.. let the games begin!
Oh yea one more thing.. no solo x's and no alpine 15's.. but kicker 15's are available to me

Can you get Type X's? Or maybe some CVX 15's? The CVX's get pretty loud. I'd look at the PDX amps too from Alpine. Solid power but expensive...

Nice I'm loving the input already but remember price does not matter in this case.. I'll look into those amps but yes I can get all kicker 15's.. except for solo X's

and do you all think the highest dollar circle subs are better that the highest dollar square subs? just looking for input here.. also I only have an 03 grand prix.. pretty big trunk and my buddy custom build boxes so room isn't an issue either.. screw my trunk anyways fill it up with sounds I say

NIICE I'm liking the type x's my buddys got 2 in a hatchback w/ a 3000 watt amp and it made my ears hurt.. but thats a hatchback.. are type x's the best alpine makes?

Some say the r's are better than the x's. I've only heard the r's and their a solid sub for sure. In my opinion the L7's are "better" than the cvx as far as spl goes. But they sound like complete garbage. I'd take the cvx any day of the week.

Nice nice I'm thinking 3 type x's and a fancy alpine amp now.. my other buddy had 2 15" cvr's and those were **** loud also.. I'll definitely have to look into the cvx's too.. thanks again keep the fresh ideas rolling!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.