5 kicker cvr 12's hifonics amp

mal1980
10+ year member

currently i have 3 12" cvr dual 4 ohm subs wired to a hifonics brutus 2000w amp at 2.6 ohms, it pushes them pretty hard with the gain turned up 2/3 of the way. i want to add 2 more subs to the setup dropping it to 1.6 ohms. looking for input on wether or not this amp will have sufficient power to push the 5 subs

Yes, they are 400rms each. Thats 2000 total. At 1.6 that amp should do about 1500. Each sub will get 300rms, that is sufficient for cvr's

i know that, but i never try to turn gain up past that amount on an amp, the subs seem to be maxing out, i dont think they handle what they claim, my amp only draws 55 amps off the battery on peak hits, and at 14.4 volts thats just under 800 watts max for 3 subs that should handle 1200 watts rms

^ Exactly..Hifonics amps seem to clip easily....Also, your subs could be bottoming out if your subsonic is set well below tuning

30 hz subsonic, and yeah clipping pretty much means that amp wont adequately push my 5 subs, lower ohms means more distortion, ill probably need to upgrade to a memphis amp or jl

currently i have 3 12" cvr dual 4 ohm subs wired to a hifonics brutus 2000w amp at 2.6 ohms, it pushes them pretty hard with the gain turned up 2/3 of the way. i want to add 2 more subs to the setup dropping it to 1.6 ohms. looking for input on wether or not this amp will have sufficient power to push the 5 subs
buy one more, wire them all down to a total .5 ohm load , and after box rise/coil resistance you'll be around 1 ohm. its what i do

my amp only draws 55 amps off the battery on peak hits, and at 14.4 volts thats just under 800 watts max
not how it works to calculate output. measure output voltage and output current from the amp, multiply together, and you get at least a close number to your true rms output

how do i measure the rms output your way? i dont want 4 subs, i wanted to do 6 off 2 amps, but if i can do 5 on 1 amp than im cool with it, i have my amp turned down b4 it clips or distorts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.