5 Channel amp

silvercookie
5,000+ posts

WRX
Queens, NY
whats a good 5 channel amp for around 350- 400?

the memphis big belle sounded interesting but i dont know the price.

that dls 5 channel looked awesome but was too expensive

not buying it right just want to know what would be good to look for in the future.

maybe this will help.

im going to run the 2 10" powerbase subs. they are single 4 each so something around 1000@2ohm on the subchannel would be good.

right now i have a fusion 6.5 comp set thatcan handle around 120w. but i might sell those. but the front two channels will be a comp set. then maybe i will try and use the 2 8" powerbase subs a midbasses on the rear channels.

also got a pioneer 490ib if that helps.

The PPI DCX800.5 is a bad ass amp. I have one in my boat, and just bought one for my truck and they sound great. I think Woofersetc still has a few around $500, and the one I bought for my truck is a factory refurb from ebay for 215 shipped. Here are the specs.

4x50 Watts RMS at 4 ohms per channel @12.5VDC;

4x100 Watts RMS at 2 ohms per channel @12.5VDC;

Subwoofer Channel:

1x200 Watts RMS at 4 ohm @12.5VDC;

1x400 Watts RMS at 2 ohm @12.5VDC;

Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz;

Total Harmonic Distortion >0.02%;

Signal to Noise ratio

Input Sensitivity 150mV - 12 Volts RMS;

Damping Factor >500;

Built-in 12db/octive crossover.

Requires a 100amp external fuse.

28-1/8" long by 10-1/2" wide by 2-3/4" thick.

Built-in fan.

I know elemental designs isn't to liked around here but they might still have the Nine.5 for $350 but only does 450@2 on the sub channel. Just need to see if they have any left...

Dude for the $350 bucks, the ED is the way to go. I have heard a lot of good and bad about there customer service and business practices. But there amp are solid and they back them with a 5 year warranty

I cant find a 5 channel that will do near that amount of power at 2 ohm. Matter of fact, there are very few that will do it even at 1 ohm. The big belle may be closest to your criteria.

and you wont, its either sacrifice power on the sub channel, or get 2 different amps, thats it. nine.5 is an awesome amp, i have it, and the sub channel rocks my fi q at 1 ohm.

i would port the powerbass subs, so that they wont need that much power to sound great.

hey i got a PERFECT BIG BELLE!!!! m-class not the black ones.... the nice polished aluminum ones!!!!! 500.00 + shipping firm. you won't find a nicer cleaner belle. no scratches anywhere!!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.