5 channel amp question

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
got a buddy needs a 5 channel amp. has 2 subs at 300 watts rms. dual 4 ohm

also has 4 pioneer speakers hes wanting to put about 60-90 watts to each at 4 ohms.

need some suggestions on a 5 channel amp as im clueless about best brand for the money.

post some suggestions please.

$ 200-250 limit if possible thanks

cool thanks i looked them up.

i like the skar but are there any other amps that wil do more than 500 watts at 1 ohm for a 5 channel that wont break his budget. i dont want him to be pushing the limit of these amps mentioned to get the desired sound at the chance of the amp getting burned up. the ful range channels arent really desired to be alot higher just the sub woofer channel rms output at certain ohms

might have to pay a little more for that, not many amps i know of that do it but I recall an alpine having some good specs, albeit expensive (amazon is $300 under msrp btw...). they have some of the best amps on the market imo. PDX-V9

yea i was afraid of that. hes in a 04 f150 supercrew so there isnt alot of room for 2 different amps.

and im thinking a amp that could do 6-700 watts at 1 or 2 ohms sub channel along with 4 channels doing 60-80 watts might have to be bigger than most class d monoblocks.

that alpine will probably do 600 watts, they're always underrated by about 10% it seems (according to the birthsheets ive seen). if he has the money to spend thats the amp id get

I was going to say a Ed 9-5 if you can find one used within that $range,can be placed on the back wall possibly behind the rear seats?.I have one sitting pretty mint, with bass knobb, but will have do $275 plus the ride on it.O ther than that...Id go with PPI,maybe look into finding an older US Amps Merlin 5 ch.It may be less expensive to buy a class d mono ,and a 4 ch, and get a bit more power for the sub stage,rather than a 5 ch,and run cooler

thanks. that jbl looks nice spec wise.

ill let hijm know these options.

i know 2 different amps are better but hes not really looking for loud *** monster bass. he just wants some thump.

plus not sure if there is enough room behind the seats to mount on the wall so his idea of a 5 channel is good but may not quite work for him power wise .

Not sure if he can or not but I got offered a Massive Audio NX5 from ebay.....2nd chance for 230 bucks shipped. Those run 300+.

So I got very lucky. Lots of power on tap and small amp for its size.

Not sure if he can or not but I got offered a Massive Audio NX5 from ebay.....2nd chance for 230 bucks shipped. Those run 300+.
So I got very lucky. Lots of power on tap and small amp for its size.
Thats a nice little 5 ch amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.