Arc 12d4 sub - amp just died, what next?

Participant count
  • Participant list

aharper
10+ year member

Indy
I have been pushing a single Arc 12d4 with a JL 500/1 (old version). The amp died earlier this week on me... no sound coming out and I don't really have the skill to open it for troubleshooting. I'm looking for something new and am not really sure what to get. I've had JL amps forever... pricey but they have been good to me. Arc Audio's website is saying 350 watts rms. I haven't really been on top of audio for some time so I'm not sure what all is good. What are good options that will work well for my application?

Before spending any $$ on a new amp or sub or whatever, have you tested it against another sub or speaker? What about the wiring to the amp? The remote wire hooked up?

There could be something pinching the wires or such. Just a thought.

I took a speaker from inside out to the truck and tried that... no sound. Yesterday the sub was back on for a little while and then turned off. I think the amp is just slowly dying (well, mostly dead and only alive a little at a time now). I'll check out these recommendations... thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.