4k amps for around 500$?

How many watts were you giving them previously vs now and did it make a difference?
I actually own 2 sets: One in my Tahoe and the other in my s10.
i not trying to be mean but that set is not even what id consider a mid=range set. like high=end budget. that being said they don't sound bad but noway you have a remotely decent curve from 60 to 150..

i not trying to be mean but that set is not even what id consider a mid=range set. like high=end budget. that being said they don't sound bad but noway you have a remotely decent curve from 60 to 150..
i wouldnt say theyre high end either. I did once hear a set of boston z series on an xtant chrome 3 channel. it was positively sick as h3ll!!

the deck was the CDA-7998, dope AF

Turn the gain down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
agreed. if youre planning on going bigger later, save yourself the headache and get the bigger amp now for the small uptick in price and turn the gain down to avoid detonating your current subs

alright alright ill go with the 8k jeez ahha! best sites to snag these from? and as for the polk discussion, i wouldnt classify themhigh end at all either,but out of all the speakers ive heard in person, these are superior. One day i wanna run a set of hertz anda set of focals in the car, whichever pair i like better ill put in the front stage

alright alright ill go with the 8k jeez ahha! best sites to snag these from? and as for the polk discussion, i wouldnt classify themhigh end at all either,but out of all the speakers ive heard in person, these are superior. One day i wanna run a set of hertz anda set of focals in the car, whichever pair i like better ill put in the front stage
I know sky high has them and amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoLz! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif im sure theyre tons better than stock! my plans are to go active, so im not gonna buy comps, just raw drivers, probably hivi's or daytons, but by no means was i talkin smack about those polks

I always overkill power supply and amp, so when I'm ready to upgrade all or most of the work has been done.

Like everyone is saying about an amp overkill...........just set gain low. This will work for most all applications.

A few of the old school hu's had 8 volt pre outs....that would make amp with to much power tricky.

But your probably lucky and don't have that, 2-4 volt pre outs seem to be standard lately.

The 8 volt and higher seemed great for burning out cheap rca cables.

If you have the money and can get the bigger amp you should go for it.

A 5k and a higher power amp will all share the same thing.........you will have to upgrade the electrical system on your ride. Really should add to electric system when you start pulling over 80 amps of current not to mention 400+ amp current flow.

Good rule of thumb is 80-100 amps pulled for 1000 watts. (I haven't played with Brazilian amps yet)

Sorry for being long winded.

72% efficient does 4k at 2ohmAs compared to a Korean 4k mono block that does 4k at .5 with 60% efficency. No brainer..
its a no brainer until you actually clamp and meter then all that efficiency doesnt matter at all when your buddy's vital power 7k at half ohm clamps 200 watts more power than two sound digital 8ks at 1 ohm and meter about the same with the vital powers having a 0.2 db lead over the SDs.

its a no brainer until you actually clamp and meter then all that efficiency doesnt matter at all when your buddy's vital power 7k at half ohm clamps 200 watts more power than two sound digital 8ks at 1 ohm and meter about the same with the vital powers having a 0.2 db lead over the SDs.
Ouch

when you reach the limits of your power supply 5% is HUGE could mean 1DB..

you have to understand the critical balance as well of the loudspeakers and how the amp/loudspeaker work as a circuit. a loudspeaker cares little about voltage across the inductor but higher voltage means easier flow between electrons.. id like to have a discussion and do testing as you reach power supply limits and when current consumption of the circuit hurts(IE power factor becomes more of an issues as current goes up)

Vital power amps are monster! Running one at .33ohm daily and it loves life

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.