4k amps for around 500$?

ok so im thinking this...need serious opinions. I pick up the taramp 5k 1ohm version, on the spec sheet it says it still does 2 ohms, and at 2 ohms it does around 3300 at 12v, or 4k at 14v. and this will cover the sundowns for awhile. THen when i upgrade to an 18, i get the 1ohm version and run it at 5k. Any issues with doing this ?

I just bought my 10th Taramps amp. I love them.

The 8k is the best bang for buck Taramps amp. They can be found under $600. You always want more power than you actually need due to box rise.

ok so im thinking this...need serious opinions. I pick up the taramp 5k 1ohm version, on the spec sheet it says it still does 2 ohms, and at 2 ohms it does around 3300 at 12v, or 4k at 14v. and this will cover the sundowns for awhile. THen when i upgrade to an 18, i get the 1ohm version and run it at 5k. Any issues with doing this ?
That's planning... just don't forget your electrical... it'll give you time to get your electrical solid before you go to 5K... how reliable ARE those Taramps?.. I've seen some things on this very forum... good support?... what dealer is best?.. I'm considering a 8k myself... anyone?

I just bought my 10th Taramps amp. I love them.

The 8k is the best bang for buck Taramps amp. They can be found under $600. You always want more power than you actually need due to box rise.
thats fair! and youve been following my plan for a few as well! Shredder has been helping me with this and were trying to decide which amp before we finalize a box design ! i like the idea oh using the same amp for 2 builds ya know ?

Ive never had an issue with any of the Taramps amps i've had. 1 year no questions asked warranty. DJ stage gear will have the best prices but i'm not sure how much longer they will be able to. I bought my newest from Sean Madison. But have a couple friends that are dealers.

Ive never had an issue with any of the Taramps amps i've had. 1 year no questions asked warranty. DJ stage gear will have the best prices but i'm not sure how much longer they will be able to. I bought my newest from Sean Madison. But have a couple friends that are dealers.
so you think the 1 ohm 5k is the one for me ? i just have never seen an amp i feel that does both 1 ohm and 2, its usually either or i thought. but like i said, if i can use this on my sundowns and get around 3k total, then flip it over to the 18 down the road and wanted even a minimum of 4k, id be sold. is that doable?

Personally I would get the 8k.

Im not understanding what you mean by "does 1 ohm and 2"? They make a 2 ohm version which can NOT be ran at 1 ohm. But the 1 ohm model can be ran at 1 ohm for the 8000 watts, 5000 at 2 ohms, and 3000 at 4 ohms.

Personally I would get the 8k.
Im not understanding what you mean by "does 1 ohm and 2"? They make a 2 ohm version which can NOT be ran at 1 ohm. But the 1 ohm model can be ran at 1 ohm for the 8000 watts, 5000 at 2 ohms, and 3000 at 4 ohms.
yeah thats what i mean, the 1 ohm can do both, thats dope, but the 8k would obliterate these subs.... so i kinda cant

yeah thats what i mean, the 1 ohm can do both, thats dope, but the 8k would obliterate these subs.... so i kinda cant
Yes but you will have enough power to upgrade subwoofers down the road. Actual power after rise will sometimes make you cry as well lol.

Yes but you will have enough power to upgrade subwoofers down the road. Actual power after rise will sometimes make you cry as well lol.
so how would you go about using an 8k on the sundowns without ******* them up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.