4k amps for around 500$?

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']What's with people going to 2 ohms suddenly?!?! What am I missing?!
@brafferty I asked about your Polks in another thread but prob missed it. How you liking them?[/QUOTE]

i absolutely love them ! i had them bridged to my b2 for awhile and they were gorgeous! put the type R's to shame.... and ive always ran 2 ohms ahha

i absolutely love them ! i had them bridged to my b2 for awhile and they were gorgeous! put the type R's to shame.... and ive always ran 2 ohms ahha
How many watts were you giving them previously vs now and did it make a difference?

I actually own 2 sets: One in my Tahoe and the other in my s10.

How many watts were you giving them previously vs now and did it make a difference?
I actually own 2 sets: One in my Tahoe and the other in my s10.
oh **** i think right now they get like 150-175, bridged was 250 i wanna say? they didnt exactly get much louder, but more clear in my opinion. the only reason i stopped was cause the amp would get hot after a bit and go into protect.

oh **** i think right now they get like 150-175, bridged was 250 i wanna say? they didnt exactly get much louder, but more clear in my opinion. the only reason i stopped was cause the amp would get hot after a bit and go into protect.
Hmm that's strange. That could be a number of things. Ok...just wanted to ask. Not very many people own them.

Hmm that's strange. That could be a number of things. Ok...just wanted to ask. Not very many people own them.
its cause the impedence didnt exactly match up if i recall, i just saw they now have 6502s, might look into those on another thread....... back to taramps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

its cause the impedence didnt exactly match up if i recall, i just saw they now have 6502s, might look into those on another thread....... back to taramps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Ah....the Polks have a final impedance of 2.7 ohms after being wired. Sorry for the thread jack...wanted to ask another owner of the same Polks as me.

thats not fair mines more of an ocd thing! im all about even numbers
meh, we all gave gramps hell because he chose wrong impedance sub instead of going with 1 ohm....scuuured of his electrical might not handle the load.

Ah....the Polks have a final impedance of 2.7 ohms after being wired. Sorry for the thread jack...wanted to ask another owner of the same Polks as me.
naw youre fine ! honestly shoot me a pm if you want! i wanna talk about the new versions of them! they look crazy

Getting a 5k 1 ohm Taramps and loading it at 2 ohm on your SA's then going to 1 ohm eventually with the 18 once your electrical is solid is what you mean.... correct?.. that amp claims 3k+ into 2 ohm and 5k+ into 1 ohm... so electrical upgrades are a must I'd imagine... lol... and those SA's will be a lot better off at the 2 ohm power level... what 18 are you looking at to eventually go with?..

with such a small price jump I would go with the taramps 8k. I ran my sa on the taramps 8k at 2 ohms with no issues. Just set the gain a little low and you should be fine.

yeah thats what i mean, the 1 ohm can do both, thats dope, but the 8k would obliterate these subs.... so i kinda cant
no it wont. Just because you have 8k doesnt mean you need to use all of that 8k. Just get the 8k. Remember what i said, when you upgrade, UPGRADE dont fk around with pussy sh*t. Just set it for 3000-4000 rms and dont go any higher on the gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.