400-500 dollar headunits

sandman

usa
I've been loking at a whole bunch of headunits in the 4-500 dollar range. I've really liked the pioneer and sony models I've seen and heard, but I've also heard that Sony isn't really the best. I've gone to two different stores and auditioned a bunch, and I can't really tell which I like.

I know that this entire thread is nothing but people asking for recommendations, so sorry about this. But seriously, any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

between the 2 id say go w/ the pioneer BUT if yuor gonna pay that much go w/

something better.dont get me wrong thier good but you could better

I know that people think that if you pay a grip for a deck you are getting really good stuff. And I am not dissagreeing at all, I believe that you get what you pay for. So a deck that costs 4-5 hundred dollars will probably be mid - to high end. The fact of the matter is if you don't know your **** pretty well then there is no point in spending that much in a deck. I am not saying to go out and buy crap. I am just saying that you shouldn't pay for something you don't know how to use. I am not trying to talk **** or anything, but if you have 500 to spend and you are looking at sony stuff you might not know as much as you think. It's true, you can buy a deck for 500 dollars and it will have a whole bunch of featrues i.e..... Crossover controls, Digital harmonics enhancers, 6 band Eq's, time correction, I mean the list goes on and on, and trust me when a dealer reads the list of all of the things a deck does you will assume that all of that control will give you great sound, and it could, but the bottom line is that if you don't know how to use all of this properly, you are wasting your money. If you are not familiar with high end decks and there features, you are better off starting with something a little more simple. Remember I didn't say cheap stuff. Cheap in price doesn't mean you have to compromise quality. Take your time and research before you buy. Because if you walk into an mobile audio store not knowing a thing you are going to get talked into buying something that in the future your are going to regret. Remember this is just another persons opinion.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I was in the same price range looking for a headunit back a few months ago. I looked at just about everything. I came down to choosing between the pioneer 940, the alpine 7995, and the eclipse cd5441. I decided the pioneer was out of my price range, not to mention I did not believe the SQ would be as good as the other two and I was pure SQ with my headunit choice. I heard both the alpine 7995 and the eclipse 5441 in my car on my system and IMO the eclipse had much better sound to it. It is also much easier to use and cost me 150$ less than the 7995. I really like the eclipse headunit and if you are all for SQ go with them because you definitely get a good one for 4-500. But thats all IMO

~Bobby

I paid 400$ canadian for my Clarion Head Unit. All i can say is i have nothing but good comments about it. I was told to spend more money on my HU. As it runs your whole system and is not as easily replaced as speakers or amps. What you pay for is what you get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.