x-over settings

rctecinc
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
How should i set up the x-over levels for my subs. I want to be able to turn up the volume and have my subs bangging with good sq....my sub set up is...... amp-jbl 1200.1 and subs-2 solo barics 10" l7s...they sound good but when i turn up the volume seems like i lose some sq.

You probably are losing some SQ. I had the same problem. I turned my bass boost off and it did a lot to make it sound better at higher volumes. Its not the ultimate solution though. Don't know that one.

the reason your subs distort at high volumes has to do with the frequency your subs are tunned to.......if your crossover is set at anything about 50 hz you will hear higher bass lines (such as a bass drum or bass guitar.....) if you want clear loud strong bass you have to find out what your subs, box, and xover are tuned to.also the song and cd quality are factors

I turned the bass all the way down on my HU, and turned the bass on my crossover to the subs all the way up. I can turn it up as loud as I want and it sounds great. Also turn the treble in your HU all the way up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.