40-80hz Subwoofer recommendation.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do now (and it involves upgrading my electrical, but hopefully not my battery or alt). The one thing I'm still hung up on is the amp you reccomended to me. I under stand CAB is the brand, I under stank they are a good brand and that they are only a budget because of you guys pushing massive numbers. I also understand 1600.1 is the model, however, what I'm hung up on is that that either the amp doesn't come out till June 30th, or I'm looking at something wrong. There are reviews out for the amp, and you reccomended it, so I would assume its something I could buy and receive in a coupepy days, however at the only place to buy one I've found its called a preorder.
As far as comparable amps I found the brutus or the Planet Audio AC3000.1D, but the stats of the PA 3000 seem to good to be true (2100rms for $100). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Reading reviews proves me right, the PA amp is a bunch of lies.
this amp should do 1400 ish.

Audiopipe APMI-2000 APMI Series Class-D Monoblock 1-Ohm Stable Car Amplifier

or this

Audiopipe APCL-18001D (apcl18001d) 1800W Consumer Line Series

in the same line as hifonics and car audio bargain. All budget amps that do the job on a dime and dont exaggerate that much on the power outputs. However they are power hungry, Big 3 and a good AGM batt would be in order.

this amp should do 1400 ish.
Audiopipe APMI-2000 APMI Series Class-D Monoblock 1-Ohm Stable Car Amplifier

or this

Audiopipe APCL-18001D (apcl18001d) 1800W Consumer Line Series

in the same line as hifonics and car audio bargain. All budget amps that do the job on a dime and dont exaggerate that much on the power outputs. However they are power hungry, Big 3 and a good AGM batt would be in order.
I know nobody will know unless they actually try, but since Its a SUV with a large battery, and I only listen when it's running I can't imagine it needing a battery upgrade before a alt upgrade. Suposedably I have a 117 amp alternator. Do you think the battery will need upgraded but the amp won't? (The only alt upgrade for a wj I know of is a 160 amp alt, other than that I would have to make custom bracket and get a custom belt.)

I know nobody will know unless they actually try, but since Its a SUV with a large battery, and I only listen when it's running I can't imagine it needing a battery upgrade before a alt upgrade. Suposedably I have a 117 amp alternator. Do you think the battery will need upgraded but the amp won't? (The only alt upgrade for a wj I know of is a 160 amp alt, other than that I would have to make custom bracket and get a custom belt.)
You'll always need some kind of reserve when the amp pulls more than the alt can supply. It stabilizes the voltage a good bit. You can have your alt rewound to get a little bit more juice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.