4 way system :D

Petrucci AU
10+ year member

Im new to the forum as you may see,Im from San Diego, from doing research I came to the conclusion I want a 4 way system in my car, so I am looking into various components for my system.

First of all, I only have 2x 6 1/2 memphis MS class coaxial speakers on the doors which sound amazing, they're 50 watts RMS, AND I got a 10 inch Kicker L7 which is 600 watts RMS, I havent bought any amp YET as I am relying on experienced opinions since Im not an expert on the subject.

now what I want in my system, I was thinking of Kicker since I have a friend who works in a kicker dealer and gives me really good prices, but im not going to not accept any other recomendations, For the bass I was thinking the 08ZX750.1 since I think its good enough. For the mids and highs amp, i am not sure because I want to buy some mid bass speakers. Since I think kicker, Im looking the SSMB8 model, what more would I need to get to have the system I want, like crossovers, how manny watts for the H&M amp, also I dont know if I should get another speakers for the back deck ??

I have a Mazda Miata, I know.......but the custom trunk deck is turning pretty awsome all the work im doing is custom since speakers cant be placed in oem places //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As of right know I dont remember what else to write anything please ask //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks in advance

I was running a 4way but I just ripped everything out and I'm starting over. I'm from San Diego too if you have any other questions just let me know, but I would first start by going over to diymobileaudio.com and searching for 4way systems and reading all you can. It takes a lot of time and money for a decent 4way system. I would recommend looking at other drivers and amps other than kicker. I'm pretty sure you can get better pricing for better products online somewhere unless you really really want the warranty. What are you looking to get out of your sound system as far as sound quality, just gettiing loud, or a mix of both?

As for sound quality , I want Loud, Really really clear notes, bright highs solid bottom, if its too much to ask for ha!, I hear mainly Progressive Metal, then Jazz, Rock, and techno like Chemical Brothers, I know its weird, when im with my GF i also listen to nice kinda stuff like regueton (pffff). well there u go, if that makes it more complicated :p

What locations are you looking to place your speakers?

I wish I still had my system installed because I think it'd be close to what you're looking for except that I tone down my highs a little.

Better question, what's your budget?

Go active with some Dayton RS28's, RS150's, and RS225's. It would only be around $300 for that. Depending on what you want for xover's as far as time alignment, phase control, independant gain control, and so on. You can get a simple 3way xover and call it a day or a processor, or a 3way active HU. I have the 800prs and it's a great unit. Basically you have a lot of options.

Im more in the south area of san diego, by chula vista //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif , im having headaches from trying to build this setup lol

I Made a more convenient list of what components i need and possibly the ones im thinking of getting

- 6 1/2 Components speakers (dont know...yet)

- 8" Midbass drivers x2 (kicker SSMB8? will I need separate amp for these? )

- Front Stage amp (Kicker 4 channel.. probly driving comps and rear)

- Equilazer

- Crossover

ok so thats easier, anything im missing please tell me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you didt specify why you wanted to go with a 4 way front stage. from what you said, i think its a bad idea even to go active unless you think you can handle it, its not that bad. maybe just for now some comps and sub stage, then upgrade to active later once you become addicted to audio lol

tips

just go with a nice front stage instead of spending more on front and backs.

deaden doors as most you can!

install is everything. im not kidding.

build your own sub box

do your research. diy is where its at.

install is everything. i told you!

What exactly is a 4 way system?
Does it consist of a subwoofer, midwoofer, midrange and a tweeter?
no, it think he was talking front stage. did you just say midwoofer? lol

a 4 way is ridiculous unless you know what your doing. a 3 way consist of a tweeter, mid range and midbass. to the op just keep it simple with a mid and tweeter.

only time a full system is referred to with a sub woofer is in home audio as far as i know. like 5.1 means 5 speakers and a single sub.

I think midbass is what i was thinking off. i just didnt know the name. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.